The Long Awaited Apology - I don't know what to think

Generation

My ex-friend wants to apologize to me, for talking trash behind my back and gossiping with my ex. After a few years did he finally realize his wrong doing. He did it because people love to gossip and it made him felt important. Bunch of inconvenient crap happened to him lately, and now he's realized his mistakes and is ashamed of what he's done. Good riddance.

He wants to apologize to me after all this time. That's what people have been telling me, and that he's just waiting for the right time to tell me. Honestly, I'm not sure how to go about it, I tried so hard to mend this friendship right from the start, even after he betrayed me, when I did nothing wrong. I'm tired now. He ruined my relationship with my ex beyond repair which in turn sent me spiraling into a deep depression. All the lies and defaming. I don't know if I can forgive him. I can never trust him ever again.

It sucks cause we're part of a group of friends, and things between us have been so rocky and awkward.

What would you do if your best friend betrayed you in one of the worst ways possible, and they wanted to apologize to you years later?

Let me hear your stories.

Personally, it depends on how much they meant to you at that time. I have a couple of friends who I have fought for and deeply loved, but who have deleted themselves out of my life. I often feel the anger in me chanelling itself towards - someday, all I want, is an apology - for that is my chance to accept or refuse their friendship. It is my chance to be the bigger person. I cant tell you what you should do, but feel pleased that finally, they have bowed.

Archived