So my girlfriend broke up with me / or we're on a "break" at the moment - im treating it as a break up (so doing the whole NC trying to give her space and time which she basically used as the reason for the break - she needs to "sort herself out and figure out where we going etc")!!

My question is this: Personally i thought the relationship was going VERY well so this has taken me completely by surprise; and im really struggling with this NC - but how long should i keep this up for - do i wait and hope my "ex" contacts me or is it a case of giving it 2 weeks; 4 weeks; a month?

Any advise (especially from anybody thats perhaps gone through something similar) would be great

Personally, for me the magic number has always been three weeks. The first three weeks have always been the hardest, but once I get past those, it gets much much easier. Almost to the point where the longing to call subsides and I can think more clearly about the situation. Obviously it is different for everyone, but I would suggest holding out until that terribly gut feeling to make contact is gone.

My question is this: Personally i thought the relationship was going VERY well so this has taken me completely by surprise

Google "Al Turtle". It wasn't going well. You just woke up.

As for timing - keep up the NC if that is what she has asked from you. She'll let you know how much she needs.

She said she needed to work and concentrate on herself and i couldnt help her with the decision she needed to make!! She needed to sort out work issues, health issues, living arrangements and she also said she was worried about my relationship with her daughter from a previous relationship!!

Felt "weird" to me - but nothing i could really do!!

Archived