Just as I was about to leave he told me he had to take a raincheck for tonight as his client pushed up the date he needed his website done. So he'll be working all night.

He invited me over for tomorrow though, but I'm thinking of not saying a word to him all day. I hate the games but I don't want to be too available to him, especially now.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to say that Ive been a lurker on this website for a while and thanks to THOR AND HIS STORY, HE made me sign up and actually reply. LOL

I think youre funny....but readying a few of your posts in this thread makes a lot of sense. I think your kinda cute too

Ok carry on.... lol

I just want to say that Ive been a lurker on this website for a while and thanks to THOR AND HIS STORY, HE made me sign up and actually reply. LOL

I think youre funny....but readying a few of your posts in this thread makes a lot of sense. I think your kinda cute too

Ok carry on.... lol

take a number and form a single file line hahaha. TH is the mack 'round these parts.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll..........

Success!

I had a WONDERFUL time on vacation and had an even better time hanging out with him. We laughed together almost the whole time except for one night when I got emotional remembering when I lost the baby. He was completely and utterly there for me. He got up and ran to my side, embraced me, and put my head on his chest. He stood with me and let me just cry it out for a long time.

A couple of days after that, he invited me to stay with him, so I did. We spent two days together without having sex but then the day after that we started to get a little more touchy feely. I told him point blank, "I love you. I never stopped loving you." He looked shocked but then he smiled and said, "I love you too. I will always care about you." I left it at that and we hung out with other friends that night. Again, I came over his house. We slept in the same bed and cuddled but did not have sex.

The next day, I woke up in the middle of the night and it was really hot in his room. So I went in the bathroom and put on a tank top. By then he was up, so I laid on his chest. He looked down at my breasts and I laughed. Then he did something I wasn't expecting: he softly grazed my breasts with his finger tips. I looked him in the eyes and I told him not to stop. He looked troubled, like he didn't want to hurt me, but he couldn't resist. I kissed his forehead and then his lips. His grip got tighter. He took off his shirt and I took off mine and we had a great hour of sex. It was amazing. I was completely satisfied and we never ever lost our physical connection.

Afterwards he said he felt guilty because he did not want me to think this meant we were absolutely back together. I understand that and honestly, I'm ok with it. I really don't feel bad about the sex in any way at all. I expected to feel guilty but I feel wonderful about it.

We spent that whole next day together. Not a single fight or argument to be had. We went out to eat that next evening and he said something that made me uncomfortable about one of his female friends and I brought it up very calmly. Then, two minutes later I realized, "hey, fromnywithlove, what he just said shouldn't bother you. Don't sweat it!" and so I didn't. I told him I'm going to let it go and it doesn't bother me. He was impressed. My therapy is really, really working. I feel great.

We fell asleep cuddling that night. The next day was great too. He brought me shopping for my opinion on his clothes and we were hugging and kissing the whole time. We had an amazing time together. We visited his aunt together later that day and afterwards at night went out to dinner. He turned to me and said, "before you came I was not open to getting back together. But now you've really changed that. I am giving it serious thought. Let's keep this up. I'm not thinking of any serious relationships right now because I have to concentrate on bettering my work and myself, and you should too. But when you come back, if things keep going this way, we are looking towards giving it another shot. I really care about you."

That night I got super happy drunk and we ended up sleeping together twice in one night. The next day he got up extra early to rent a car and drive me to the airport to have more time with me as opposed to putting me on the train really early in the morning. He went out of his way to take care of me on that and went out of his way to be accommodating, honest and open with me.

We are most definitely headed in the right direction.

Yeah I'm totally happy.

Tomorrow he's going back to the U.S. for a three week vacation but he won't be anywhere near me, otherwise I'd ask him to visit!

It looks like it's pointing towards the "get back together" direction but I want to take it slow.

But Jesus Christ, that sex was good. Animalistic, reckless... great.

I also wanted to specify something else.. On page 9 I mentioned something about his ex telling me he would spite her and say he was masturbating thinking about other girls.

There are always two sides to each story and the person I know him to be is not the person she knew him to be. Everyone who knows this girl knows that she is an emotional trainwreck and insanely jealous. In my anger I believed her, but now I am not so sure.

I have never known him to gawk at another woman like she said nor to do anything purposely spiteful to me. He was clueless at times and broke other times, but I don't think he purposely wanted to hurt me. He said some dumb things, but I chalk it up now to inexperience.

After having seen him a year later, he is most definitely a man changed for the better. And I love him.

I know he will never come back to me. I just have to accept it. That's the worst part.

This was from the "grizzled veterans" thread, i had to put it here, it just goes to show that we know nothing of what the future holds for us.

good luck fromnywithlove...hope everythng works out for you

loulou x

I don't think that my ex will ever reach out.

He was always calling me or texting me during the day, when we were not spending it together, for the last 4 years. He just disappeared in one moment...

I wonder if he misses calling me the hours he used to call, during his break at work, when he was leaving from work, the goodmorning texts when he got up in the mornings.

How so? Does this include crying? I agree that someone stonecold faced is an obvious sign they dont care, but i imagine many dumpers will cry from the pain they put their ex-lovers through.

I don't think crying is an emotion but merely a response to an emotion, be it anger, sadness or joy.

• 2 months later...

SO UPDATE.

After he went back to the U.S. to visit his family for a month and we had been getting along really well during that time, he invited me back to Italy after he was due to return there and said "stay with me" over my spring break this April.

We had made plans to go to Prague and Budapest. We were speaking almost every day. He was calling me beautiful and opening up to me better than he ever had done before. I spent $800 on a ticket to go out and see him this April and things were going GREAT... until one day I got home and he told me, "we really need to talk." I thought he might have met someone else so I was prepared for it. He dropped the bomb: "I don't want to lead you on. You shouldn't come visit me." Completely dropped the bomb out of nowhere.

This is really distressing to me. The money isn't really the point. It's that I can't stand being hurt again. I want to say he played me like a fool, but he really didn't. When someone tells you, "I can see a future with you again" and "you're so beautiful. I miss you. I really do" and "come stay with me. We'll start over!" don't you want to believe it? Of course.

Enough is enough. I'm not speaking to him and I don't intend to. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice and you're cut off. I don't need to deal with this and I certainly don't deserve crumbs. I'm tempted to use my ticket anyway and find another place to stay and not mention a word of it to him. After all, it's still a trip!

Archived