laura40

I should be writing a book on dating, or a blog or something with all the experiences I seem to obtain!!!

I am on a dating website and a few days ago exchanged a few emails with a guy on there.

Yesterday morning he emailed me asking if I wanted to go to a new restaurant in town, it's nothing romantic but looked nice so I said yeah.

So we met last night. He's a nice guy. We talked lots....however (and I need some opinions):

- As soon as we sat down to eat, he told me he didn't have his wallet and that there was no other way to pay unless I did.... ok so I don't expect the guy to pay but I do expect to go halves with him. He invited me, why didn't he bring any money lol!! I asked him where his wallet was, and he said "in his car." The restaurant has its own parking for cars so I don't get why he didn't just go out to get it.

Is this a red-flag?

- We made a joke through an email that he should kiss me...I asked him if he was going to kiss me last night....and he said he wasn't going to because he didn't want to!! charming

By the way I wasn't coming on to him at all.

- He kept saying he wanted to take me out properly and wanted to see me again but he wouldn't be free for another 2 weeks..

- After we said goodbye in the car park, he said he would text...so I waited... he did text this morning with just a smiley so I started a conversation but he seemed really distant. One word answers. I did ask him if anything was bothering him and he replied with "nothing is."

Ok, reading this back, it looks like mixed signals...opinions!!

Any man who shows up at a first date without his wallet is NOT worth a second glance. You deserve better than that.

Do you watch VH1's Tough Love? It just started this season last week, and it's an amazing look into why women can't get a guy. I highly recommend everyone looking for a partner watch it and learn.

btw, the wallet thing was a test. If you are dumb enough to pay for the meal and not turn around and leave immediately, you instantly turned into someone not worth dating.

Never do that again.

I didn't want to pay...well I would have paid half if we were doing the whole pay halves thing.

I just felt really bad for him...also I felt kinda embarrassed...I won't do it again though.

Jeez --- I never even thought of using on line dating as a way to try all the restaurants in town!!! Who Knew!!!!

Maybe I should give online dating a try. Could use a steak dinner.. I'm kidding Laura, online dating is a hit and miss and honestly this dude just seems shady. Move onto the next and keep us posted. Maybe start a journal on dating? GL.

He probably decided he wasn't attracted to you and went with the no wallet thing in hopes that you would bail. You didn't, so he got a free dinner. Puke. His wallet was probably in his pocket the whole time. A smiley text the next morning. He didn't want to kiss you. He wants to see you again (standard response), maybe when he's free two weeks from now. Wow, how's that for a commitment? I don't see any mixed messages here. At best, he's a cheap skate. At worst, he's a jerk. Either way, he's definitely not that into you. Next!

I met up with a gal from an online dating site at a diner one night really late--probably around 1am. We had spent a while earlier chatting on the phone and the conversation wasn't bad. Anyways, when the check came, I grabbed it and we both got up to walk to the register. On the way there, she hugged me, said it was nice meeting me, and she left. She didn't even wait for me to pay the check or offer to split. I was going to get it anyways, but I thought that was weird.

Archived