I was on and off with this guy for about 8 or 9 months. He was really mean to me, and my mom said that I was in an abusive relationship but I don't wanna listen to her. He always throws girls at my face. And I always feel really bad because, I think was I really that bad of a person.. He swears at me all the time, and Doesn't talk to me very nice. But this past summer he slept with 3 people behind my back and other people ended up telling me... I never can stay mad at him, and when I am mad at him I always give him one more chance and act like nothing happened, because he doesn't care when I am mad at him. I wanna talk to him and tell him how I feel but I don't know what to say so I need your advice. I am taking this really hard and when we get into a fight or he is mean to me I take it out on other people, last month I lost my virginity to him, and I regret it, because it wasn't even special. I feel like he used me which he kind of did. And 2 weeks ago we dated for three days and he broke up with me and I don't know why. I feel like he is playing mind games. He got over me really fast. Last Friday we hung out and it was like everything was good and the next day he texted me and said " what we did last night wasn't bad but, it didn't help me get over you'' I am so lost about that, Does he really like me or not?? Some days he will tell me he loves me and other days he hates me and wants to be friends. Why does he wanna get over me so fast? He is my second boyfriend and I am not good at expressing my feelings and I wanna talk about how he treats me, So if you could give me some advice that would be awesome. I don't wanna be alone anymore.

He always throws girls at my face

this past summer he slept with 3 people behind my back

he doesn't care when I am mad at him

Read this part of your post. Again, and again, and again.

In some cases, even though I remember from being your age I wanted my parents to be wrong, mom really DOES know best. You can't trust him, and the reason it makes you feel "good" when he does something nice is because you're so used to his bad treatment that normal decent treatment feels exceptionally good in contrast.

You have way too much of your life ahead of you to spend any more time and invest any more love in this jerk. He cares alright - about himself, and what he can get from you, and other girls. Don't be one of them!!! There are plenty of guys out there who aren't doormats and boring who will still treat you WAY better than this guy!!!

Think about it - if your best friend in the world had a guy like this, and you had to sit and watch her being treated like this - how would you feel about her guy? Love yourself enough to do the same for you.

you were never alone, you're a part of the universe, a tiny part of a big picture. but it seems like you were unloved. even if you're with someone physically but the love is not there, you will always or most of the time feel like you're "alone."

let him go and find someone that will treat you better.

Everybody goes through times of feeling alone and lost. Latching onto someone who mistreats you isn't the way to cure that. Riding it out while trusting yourself to be smart enough to avoid people who will only make it worse, not better, is how to lift yourself out of that rut. It requires time, patience and a focus on building yourself up. When you can find other things beyond nasty guys to become interested in, you'll eventually grow more confident and you'll attract nicer guys.

I'd listen to your Mom on this. She's not trying to deprive you of any happiness with a good match, she's trying to talk you out of wasting your time and harming yourself, which can only make it harder to grow beyond this difficult stage in your life.

Archived