did i cost myself a chance with this girl

tom8887

met a girl on a dating site. we met up a month later and had a great time. we planned on getting together and going on a date

well we are meeting up this weekend but she told me she met a guy the other week and we will have to be friends now

soo what do i do?

the thing that sucks is i met her 3 weeks ago and i should have asked her to go on a date the following week but i didnt cuz i thought it would be too soon. I wanted there to be a gap of a week. i still communicated with her though

soo yea i pretty much just cost myself a shot at a girl didnt i?

i ended up waiting to long

In a way, yes. Though if you want to still "have a shot" with her it's best to do NC. Once you become strong friends all you chances are over. Best to date other women for now. The kiss of death with women is obsessing over ONE. Keep your options open so the one girl you meet doesn't seem like the most special girl ever.

ALWAYS state your intentions first. Girls never know you want a romantic interest until you say/never know if you want to be friends until you say.

Why the heck did you wait a MONTH to go out with her? Obviously that gave some other guy the chance to slip in ahead of you. It hasn't been that long maybe you can win her over but you're going against the grain due to your procrastination.

It was my first time meeting smeone form online, To be honest i wasn't sure when I should ask. She said she wanted to get to know me better so I figured we would talk online and get to know each other. I mean yea I screwed up, but I didn't want to ask to soon. and then when we met, which was a friday, i thought i should ask her out for the upcoming week but i thought that would be too soon. I'm a rookie as you can tell

People you meet online as a general rule are no different from people you meet offline. If you exchanged numbers in a bar with a woman would you wait a month to date her? It's no different if you meet on a dating website. But you already know that by now. See how much you learned already?

exactly. i'm just looking at it as a learning experience. i just wasn't sure. You hear people say "well wait for a bit before you meet someone form online" and I just followed that rule

You hear me saying don't wait before meeting someone online, people misrepresent themselves all the time on dating profiles so get right to that first date ASAP and don't focus entirely on one person.

yea from now on I'll do that.

This was a learning experience for me, now I know

well we are meeting up this weekend but she told me she met a guy the other week and we will have to be friends now

Ya sorry dude! As soon as "let be friends" enters the conversation it went dead!

Next time remember the girl is "talking to other guys" on the dating site. That's why they're there! You don't wait to ask her out! Women don't put their eggs in one basket like guys do. They like to have "at least" 2 or 3 guys on the go and they pick the one who has proven himself the most to her. (Unless they're unattractive and they're happy to get one guy.) When guys do this we're "insensitive pigs!" I stopped doing dating sites for this very reason!! Also they never look like their picture (ich!)......3 days at the most for getting together/date/meeting......and be chatting with at least 2 to 3 girls!!

rule of thumb with online dating, always assume she is talking to multiple guys, and dont drag out the emails, say something like you are not fond of getting to know someone over the email and get her number ASAP, get her on the phone ASAP and meet in person.

Archived