I love him but it's TOO SOON...

smil3

I have been seing a guy for close to two months now. He was the one who made an effort to contact me first, we started talking and we really liked eachother. He is 20 and I am 17 but, even though we're young, we both want a commited relationship. I have been hurt and disappointed by men twice before and he says he's had some bad experiances with girls as well.

Like I said...it's been close to two months and I think it's too early to tell him that I feel this way. I think it's soon and last night I asked him if he thought we had a future together. He said it was too soon to tell and that's what I think too. However, I know I love him and deeply at that... What I don't know is whether or not to tell him that or wait a little longer. Honestly, I don't want to wait, I just want to get it out there but I don't think he's quite there yet and I'm afraid I might damage things.

It's driving me crazy so please give me some advice. I really REALLY want this to work out. He is the kindest most caring guy I have ever met and to top it off we have so much in common ... our personalities, our interests, ect. I don't think there is just one person out there for you but if there was then he would certainly be the one.

Like I said...it's been close to two months and I think it's too early to tell him that I feel this way. I think it's soon and last night I asked him if he thought we had a future together. He said it was too soon to tell and that's what I think too. However, I know I love him and deeply at that... What I don't know is whether or not to tell him that or wait a little longer.

I would agree that it's too soon to tell and the fact that he agreed, says a lot. I would wait. It's barely 2 months, so there really is no rush - you barely had time to really get to know each other. Also, you're 17, still VERY young and soooo much time for things to get serious. I say wait a little longer. Relax and go with the flow.

I would wait at least a couple of more months, he has pretty much told you that its too soon to tell, so you telling him how you feel now is just going to put pressure on him and on the relationship. Plus how will you feel if you tell him you love him and he doesn't say it back? Give it some time and let things develop more slowly, that way it will have a better chance of lasting

Archived