Dating site pet-peeves?

birdname

This applies to the majority of women found on these sites;

1. Don't put pictures up with only myspace angles making you seem a lot slimmer than you are.

2. Don't put up average when you're obese.

3. Don't make demands when you have nothing to offer yourself.

4. Don't say "if you're looking for a hook up, look somewhere else" unless you truly mean it..most of the women who say this are the easiest out there.

This applies to the majority found on these sites;

1. Don't put pictures up with only myspace angles making you seem a lot slimmer than you are.

2. Don't put up average when you're obese.

3. Don't make demands when you have nothing to offer yourself.

4. Don't say "if you're looking for a hook up, look somewhere else"..most of the women who say this are the easiest out there.

;] Ha ha someone has got game. LOL

Lol'ed. Not a fan of these sites, but was curious..saw this a lot, and checked this a couple of times to see if they were being truthful....it was nonsense. What they mean is "don't start out being sexual from the first message"..but after that, all bets are off.

That's why I canceled my subscription from dating sites. LOL Hence I prefer meeting people in person.

I guess it is "Welcome to Casual Hook-UP" Culture. Good thing I did 3 months of dating on link removed and realize it was pointless. I am a catch and a flirt, I should be okay meeting people in person wherever they are. Ha ha

That's why I canceled my subscription from dating sites. LOL Hence I prefer meeting people in person.

I guess it is "Welcome to Casual Hook-UP" Culture. Good thing I did 3 months of dating on link removed and realize it was pointless. I am a catch and a flirt, I should be okay meeting people in person wherever they are. Ha ha

Casual hook-up sounds about right. And yes m'am, go and flirt in person. You should have no problem, even-though you'd probably be entertained seeing 100 new messages pop up daily on these sites.

Casual hook-up sounds about right. And yes m'am, go and flirt in person. You should have no problem, even-though you'd probably be entertained seeing 100 new messages pop up daily on these sites.

LOL Are you telling me you were very entertained seeing 100 new messages pop up daily on these sites? Ha ha. Wow, it's 1:30 in the morning. I should get some sleep since I have tennis at 8 AM.

Anyway to the people who are thinking about joining online dating I would use 3 month subscription or less. Good luck.

LOL Are you telling me you were very entertained seeing 100 new messages pop up daily on these sites? Ha ha. Wow, it's 1:30 in the morning. I should get some sleep since I have tennis at 8 AM.

Anyway to the people who are thinking about joining online dating I would use 3 month subscription or less. Good luck.

I'm a dude, you can be brad pitt himself and you still won't get a 100 messages daily. That right is only reserved for women, it seems. .. but I reckon as a woman some of these messages are hilarious..and yes, I'd suggest sleeping. Also, anyone wanting to use a site I'd just not waste any money on it what so ever.

I'm a dude, you can be brad pitt himself and you still won't get a 100 messages daily. That right is only reserved for women, it seems. .. but I reckon as a woman some of these messages are hilarious..and yes, I'd suggest sleeping. Also, anyone wanting to use a site I'd just not waste any money on it what so ever.

Agreed! I'm pretty good looking.. I think online dating is not for guys because it's not "manly." I have had "short-term" luck but nothing lasting.

Ha ha, yea I totally agree with you that it seems to be reserved for women. But I still get the disappearing act. LOL I need to stop talking about sports and cars. Such a bad habit.

I don't know. If I see Brad Pitt on link removed, I would think something would be wrong with him.

Agreed! I'm pretty good looking.. I think online dating is not for guys because it's not "manly." I have had "short-term" luck but nothing lasting.

It's not being manly or not.

It's just majority are looking for casual hook-ups or status that I got a date with a good-looking guy/girl. Also, it seems like it's something to do every weekend when I think about how casual hook-ups work.

Hence the cancellation of the dating web sites. I decided I'm going to travel to different cities around my state to attend an event or try a cafe/restaurant. It should be fun since I'm planning to live in a different city/country.

Another one I just realized...

Not reading my profile, and only messaging me based on my pictures!

I'm like everyone else, I click on the little picture of the guy before I read his profile, the picture is my "first sort" However, I do then read the profile!

I have things that are dealbreakers to a few men (more than a few, which is why I tried dating online) such as I have kids!

I'm getting frustrated by emailing someone a few times only to have them say "Oh sorry, I just read your profile, I'm not interested in dating a single mom... you're a cool chick though..."

You could have saved us both the time and read that on my profile, it's quite clear. It's in my attributes, and just to be sure you saw that, I also put it in my description!

I tried online dating in the past, and what really annoyed me is the paid sites that don't tell you whether someone is a paid-up member or just a free trial profile. So you waste your time writing them a great message, which they can't reply to because they're not even a member. If the site said which profile was a paid one that could reply to messages and which was a free one that could not reply, obviously I'd only message the paid ones that could reply - but maybe there aren't very many of those? So I think the free sites are much better, because at least if someone doesn't reply you know it's because they're not interested, not because they were unable to reply.

Archived