What to do when you just don't want to hurt anymore

violet456

Hey everyone,

I've experienced alot of heartbreak with my ex, i did all the wrong things and he pushed me away. It was when i stopped pushing, chasing, being horribly needy - with NC - that i found myself again. i am happy and life actually seems alot brighter and healthier. i say this because being a hopeless romantic as i am, thought that love would conquer all and that he would magically come back to me after 4years together and many good memories. but i had to face the facts, he chose to leave me, to not fight for us and by realising this i can see that i am more deserving than this, just like all of you out there. please dont think our ex's are your only and sole love for your life, if they come back i hope they do this because they love you and cannot bear to lose you forever because that is what i believe to be true, real love no matter what life throws at you.

now despite all my bearings of knowledge and strength found, i am puzzled by my ex's actions. i have been NIC with him and he has been contacting me daily which i mostly dont reply to which he further contacts more. it is strange, i feel he is stalking my fb, as when i do not reply he will say 'nice fb photos' when i post them up rather than responding to him, that and he likes photos of me. he went out with some girls last week (not that i care) but one girl in particular he went with sent me a friend request the next day. sooo weird! i ignored it. and last night he kept trying to talk to me and when i responded with one word replies he said, 'sorry your just being cold to me. guess i deserve it and stuff'

so how am i supposed to react to this? yes he has hurt me aplenty but i know deep down i still love him i just dont want to be hurt anymore.

If there is one thing I've learned from life, it's that you have to look after number 1... and that is YOU! IMO it sounds like he's suffering from a case of the "I want what I can't have"s... As far as I'm concerned, if he wasn't willing to fight for the relationship in the beginning, he's not worth being in a relationship with... Just my two cents. Take it or leave it

If there is one thing I've learned from life, it's that you have to look after number 1... and that is YOU! IMO it sounds like he's suffering from a case of the "I want what I can't have"s... As far as I'm concerned, if he wasn't willing to fight for the relationship in the beginning, he's not worth being in a relationship with... Just my two cents. Take it or leave it

AMEN.

That's all I have to say.

Archived