Dreamed of deceased aunt but not sure it was really her?

acacia883276

My aunt recently died and I have had several dreams of her in which I just knew it was her coming to me. She'd be happy and glowing and I'd hug her and it felt like warmth and love and I knew it was her. She's usually silent or mutters very little in these dreams but she is always smiling and happy. So a few nights ago I had a completely different dream of her. At first it was her, I felt, but then it seems like it was a fake version of her and I was asking her things and she was telling me answers in a slightly synnical manner. Basically her answers didn't quite fit and I kept thinking, I don't think this is her anymore. I think it turned into a regular dream/nightmare. What really bothers me is that when I asked her about my boyfriend in this dream, she didn't approve, which was strange because she liked him when she was alive and we were just friends and I even told my boyfriend I think it's my aunt who brought us together and that I felt a "prodding" from her to get us together. Just an overall spiritual feeling and when I think about it I just know it's true because it seems we've just been pushed together by fate. So that's why this dream really freaked me out. The questions I asked were all insecurities from the past that were resolved between me and my boyfriend but she just blatantly told me nope to everything. I woke up really disturbed. If it was a dream without her I would have thought nothing of it. But the fact that my aunt was in it really disturbs me and confuses me. My question is: has anyone else ever dreamed of someone deceased and it turned into something that made you question if it was really them vs. just your imagination taking over? Has anyone ever experienced this and thought, it couldn't have been them? I'm really confused ;(

I saw my late bf in my dreams occasionally for about three months. He said they are censored to what they can talk to us about (can't tell us the future directly, can't tell use what death is like, etc...) We just had a general conversation and what I got from him is that there is an afterlife of some sorts and he was happy and wants me to join him and our cats when it is my turn to go. How real was this dream? I don't know? I went to a cleric and he told me the dead can contact us for between 30 and 90 days and after that they move on and we cannot follow them. It sounds about like what happened. I haven't "heard" heard from him in quite a while. I would take your aunt's words seriously, he told me that have better insight into our lives than we do.

Archived