messages throughout the day..

lalarose

Hi!

Me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship and we talk everyday. Sometimes he sends messages, sometimes I do. I told him that we should not skype for 1 week just because for me it's less hard and because I have to study and I won't have him too much in mind. He told me that I can send him messages if I want throughout the day and that he'll call me sometimes. The thing is, sometimes I would send a message in the morning and he responds 5 hours later .. and then when he responds , I respond 5 minutes later. I know that he is busy but If you see that your boyfriend responds after 1 day, will you start responding to him later like he does? (to not appear clingy)

Thankss

I am also in a LDR and I usually do what you just said, if my boyfriend messages me a day later then I tend to take a little bit more time to respond to his message, I just want him to be aware that I have a life too and if he's able to wait that long than so can I. I miss him incredibly sometimes though and it's hard to not appear to be clingy or seem needy, I just wish we could close the distance already

I think this is playing games... if you wish to respond, respond, if you are genuinely busy, then the delay is not artificial anyway. Regardless in a LDR or dating locally, the rate at which someone responding to communication such as txt shouldn't be used as a judgement of interest level (although it often ends up that way). Using texting as a form of communication in relationship can lead to many misunderstanding in my opinion. I'm always trying to respond when i see a txt and if i feel like it, but sometimes txt arrive during a meeting for example, after the meeting i can get caught up in something else and forgotten about it until much later in the day, but this is not a good measurement of interest level i think.

I can be frustrating i know when someone you care a lot about is not responsive in their communication, i guess this is where you guys need to discuss if it starts to bother you.

Hope situation changes soon...

I always responded whenever I felt like it. Sometimes he'd get two or three messages from me until I got a response. I don't really understand the point of waiting to respond. If I didn't hear from him for a whole day, I'd probably ask why and expect some sort of explanation. None of that makes me needy.

Archived