women have an easier time picking guys up and getting dates

redhood

women dont need to be funny or have stories to get guys.while guys r always trying diff things,waiting for the signals...women can just ask the number directly and not face rejection as men do. for e.g. if a woman goes to a bar, avg looking female, approaches 100 guys, and says "Hi! ur cute. call me" and walks away, she will have more responses compared to if a guy did that. here is a video of josh holloway on a show called "the talk". his wife picked him up from the bar. all she said "give me ur number before u leave" thats all she said. josh holloway is not an avg looking guy. now he is married to her. now how many men can say that to a girl and not face any rejection? rare, i must say. i cant post the youtube video here cause of some copy rights issue, but if you enter "josh holloway on family the talk", u can watch the 6 min clip

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a woman comes up to a guy and asks for his number it means she is usually setting herself up for a one night stand or FWB situation. That means that at that point in her life the woman either

a)wants a bit of fun

b)wants reassurance because her self esteem has gone downhill

It is very uncommon that she will go to him because she is so confident. It happens but it's rare.

Women tend to feel rejected a bit easier because we tend to be more emotional and sensitive. In general not always. When a guy comes up to us and makes an effort we feel special, we start opening up, he then feels more confident, like he's getting something back for his efforts etc.

It may look daunting to you but I can guarantee that the dynamics will work better in the long run if the man initiates. I am talking from the position of having made the first step a couple of times.

Women tend to feel rejected a bit easier because we tend to be more emotional and sensitive.

Your not a man, so how would you know this?

When a guy comes up to us and makes an effort we feel special, we start opening up, he then feels more confident, like he's getting something back for his efforts

Do you think a guy wouldn't feel the same way if he were approached?

I sure would.

Because women operate under the assumption that all men are horn dogs and are always up for sex at any given time, place or weather (granted an assumption that does have some merit), watch out for the woman who initiates but then gets rejected.

For every time I think that women have it easier since all they have to do is stand there and look pretty and men will fall at their feet, there are a dozen times when I am grateful that I'm a man and only talk or flirt with women who I want to do that with and that I can walk away at any time because it is my right and privilege as a man to make the decision if I should pursue further or not.

Both sexes have their gender specific "weapons" in their arsenal, those who think the other gender has it easier hasn't figured out how to use their powers yet!

I'm sensing... bitterness.

Bitterness is an attitude; it has nothing to do with something being true or false. It certainly shouldn't disqualify one's opinion.

Women objectively have an easier time getting men. That doesn't mean getting the kind of men they want--just getting men, period.

Incidentally, I've virtually never been in a position to reject a woman.

Women objectively have an easier time getting men. .

Women have an easier time getting laid, there is no doubt about that. But obtaining love, devotion, tenderness, fidelity, respect....a different story all together.

Your mistake is in thinking that women think like men....they don't. If they did we'd all be knee deep in sex orgys, beer cans and beef jerky wrappers.

i think some women here believe men always can lower there standards and get a date. that is not true. it doesnt work. now if i say i lowered my standards,they would say y did u lower ur standards.if i dont lower my standards n cant get a date, women will say u should lower ur standards.sex n dating comes easy to women and few men.20% guys sleeping with 80% women. 90% guys chasing 10% women.

there was a blog of this irish american girl who went to japan for 1year teaching assignment.when she arrived to japan,they advised her usually the american women leave within 6months. this woman was 28,single,pretty,educated.she began to noticed that no Japanese men would talk to her nor approach her. after a month,she began to ask for directions in english,even though she was fluent in japanese.the japanese men would not even look at her. give her directions n move.she mentioned about going to bars,clubs by herself. dancing in the middle of the dancefloor to get some attention but nothing.she changed her clothing style but nothing. went out with other teachers,but men were just not interested in her. after 9 months she left japan and came back to the US.once she came back, she had no problem picking n choosing guys to date from.

the point is that there r some men, who have no choices in dating.some men r good looking, great personality,great jobs, but women dont give them the time or day.ofcourse some women would not agree that is possible.guys r not picky as women. if u take a 100 women and 100 men with avg looks, i bet the women will have more sexual and dating experience than majority of the men. there will be 2 out of 100 men that have had more dating n sexual experience than women. like i said most women will not agree,but how many women u know that r still 30year old virgins who never had a choice??

women r single by choice. most men r not single by choice. few men who are good in communicating with women have choices. only few men are born with understanding the female and most are not.

Sure.......unless you have a ton of money or look like a model, I doubt most guys are gonna be in the position to reject a bunch of women.

Women don't get rejected in the same sense as men do, but they do get rejected, it's just they won't see it. As in men only ask out girls they're attracted to thereby silently rejecting the rest. You don't think a girl feels badly not getting asked out much or at all when her friends get asked out a lot more?

Women don't get rejected in the same sense as men do, but they do get rejected, it's just they won't see it. As in men only ask out girls they're attracted to thereby silently rejecting the rest. You don't think a girl feels badly not getting asked out much or at all when her friends get asked out a lot more?

That goes for everyone.

I am talking about a one on one thing.

Not being asked out is not the same thing as being rejected when asking someone out.

Women have an easier time getting laid, there is no doubt about that. But obtaining love, devotion, tenderness, fidelity, respect....a different story all together.

Your mistake is in thinking that women think like men....they don't. If they did we'd all be knee deep in sex orgys, beer cans and beef jerky wrappers.

I don't recall saying that women only/mainly want sex, so, no, I don't think that women think like men. I want something they aren't interested in providing, and they want something I'm not interested in providing.

"you just have to stand there and be pretty" - yeah, do you know how MUCH and how LONG it costs to 'stand there and be pretty'? gym, make up, hair dresser, nail salon, brazilian waxes, those goddamn expensive shoes and clothes, accessories (earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets, piercings or whatever else), the right underwear, and an awesome bag to go with all that? and the effort, omg...

and though we do all that, we are mostly well educated, so is it too much to ask from a guy (who usually just rolled out of bed and picked up the first shirt he saw - eventually with a little more effort) that he comes closer first and show us 1- he likes what he sees 2- he's slightly interested in getting to know the person beneath that pile of stuff 3- that he actually got emotionally out of 5th grade?

(btw, everytime you pass by a beautiful woman and you don't compliment her, a small part of her feels rejected)

p.s.: my best guy friend collects yearly a trail of broken hearts around him. he's a nice guy, a good listener, really caring friend, and girls tend to think he's being specially nice to them in particular. he makes an average of 2 rejections everytime he's out, and 2 big ones a year (yeah, I often witness it). and he's so not-handsome I couldn't think of turning him into a fwb even if I was completely out of options.

This.

We reject in different ways, given that traditionally men take on an aggressive role and women take on a passive role. I'm sure there are girls you wouldn't even consider asking out OP. Guess what? You have rejected them! Women could take every guy who never asks them out as a rejection if they really wanted to. The female friends that I've never asked out or been attracted to..I've rejected them by not showing interest. There are girls I don't even give the time of day beyond being polite, have these girls not been rejected?

I don't get this whole idea that men are in no position to reject women. We are and we do all the time. I certainly have. I've had a woman a few months back offer me casual sex and I rejected her on the spot because I wasn't interested or attracted to her.

I suggest, rather then buying into the borderline misogynistic attitude that women somehow have the upperhand and have it incrediably easy, spend that time doing things that will make you a better person and more interesting to the opposite sex (assuming you are having trouble).

Love, dating and relationships are hard for BOTH sexes and the road to finding someone who will make a good companion for you is a minefield. I guess though, that person wouldn't be so special if they were that easy to find.

"you just have to stand there and be pretty" - yeah, do you know how MUCH and how LONG it costs to 'stand there and be pretty'? gym, make up, hair dresser, nail salon, brazilian waxes, those goddamn expensive shoes and clothes, accessories (earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets, piercings or whatever else), the right underwear, and an awesome bag to go with all that? and the effort, omg...

and though we do all that, we are mostly well educated, so is it too much to ask from a guy (who usually just rolled out of bed and picked up the first shirt he saw - eventually with a little more effort) that he comes closer first and show us 1- he likes what he sees 2- he's slightly interested in getting to know the person beneath that pile of stuff 3- that he actually got emotionally out of 5th grade?

A woman doesn't have to do all that stuff for a guy to think she looks nice.

She could be in a jeans and a t-shirt and look just as good as when she's in expensive clothing.

Infact, I think most women wear all that high priced stuff to inpress other women, cause most guys could careless about it.

(btw, everytime you pass by a beautiful woman and you don't compliment her, a small part of her feels rejected)

Beauty is subjective. And since it is, everyone could feel rejected when they get passed up.

Being rejected isn't any easier on a man than it is a woman.

Archived