Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

redrose85

I withdrew into myself so much that I forgot just how wonderful Alex is and how lucky we are to have each other. I’m witnessing a bunch of long-term relationships break up and I can’t even imagine what it’d be like to lose this.

He’s decided that he is going to start working out at the rec center after work. Hour in the gym and hour swimming, 5 days a week. Guess he’s feeling tubby lol. I think this will help to motivate me as well. In fact, I am going to make time for the gym. Walking doesn’t cut it.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jared is feeling tubby too lately. he broke down and told me tonight he hasn't wanted to have sex lately b/c he doesn't like the way he looks. he has gained weight, but i like the way he looks. i guess he doesn't. i just told him he has to do something about it if he's not happy but that i love him the way he looks now. no idea if it helped though haha.

I feel terrible in my skin lately too. I cringe when he touches certain spots that aren’t toned anymore. I hadn’t wanted to have sex either. Luckily for me, I gain muscle tone quickly and fairly easily!

I did level one of the 30 day Shred today. Felt like I was starting over from the beginning, especially during this one move. That one has always been tough for me, so my goal is to be able to do it flawlessly.

I'm planning to do an hour of cardio at the gym tonight and do this 5 days a week. Once I run out of the Shred, I’ll move onto my other dvd’s. I also decided that when my membership at my current gym is up, I’m going to start with a different gym that includes classes in the membership fees.

Oh man. Instead of writing an actual fiction piece, my best friend chose to write about her “relationship” with her FWB with a different name. I just had to see about their sex, how he treats her (like a toy), her deep, deep feelings for him. We all know that she is going to get so hurt, but we’re stuck just watching it happen....

Quarter to 11 on a Friday night. Think I’m going to call it quits for homework for today. Got one class taken care of for awhile Tomorrow I am going to get up, do a dvd workout, write my feature article, and write notes for the symposium of Tues.

Couldn’t sleep this morning. My feature article was writing itself in my head, so I got up and it all just spilled onto the word processor. 300 words too many, but there’s nothing that I feel okay about cutting. I love, love, love this story. Amazing family! Now it’s time to do the Shred and then shower and do my publishing homework assignment. Alex is still sleepin and it’s almost noon. Must need to catch up.

Ya,ya, your wedding is booked. What freaking ever. Enough wedding updates on facebook. kthnx.

Day 2 of Thirty Day Shred done. It was a bit easier today, but I am sore!! That one move is still super tough. Maybe tomorrow it will be easier. I did not go to the gym last night. I was tired and I was probably a bit too ambitious in the morning. I guess I’ll work back up to that level.

I’m just journaling like crazy lately. I think it’s keeping me balanced.

Financially strained. Makes me just want to lunge at a big chocolate bar, but I won’t. I will eat my healthy dinner and go to work like a good girl. I think I found a solution to the trip next weekend. Instead of going Friday night-Monday, we’ll go Friday night-Sunday, I will find someone to take my four hour Sunday shift, and then I will work on the Monday. It’s a full shift, and it’s a stat holiday, so that’s 16 hours of pay. A real boost.

I defeated the move I’d been having a hard time with! (side lunge with a shoulder raise) Day three and I’ve got more endurance already. I can’t believe how effective this workout is. Way more effective than an hour of bootcamp. I am sore!! (and looking forward to being Shredded)

Found the book I had wanted the other day at Chapters at Value Village for $5 instead of $20!

The other move that I struggle a bit with is the squat with a row. My shoulders absolutely burn during that one. So, tomorrow I will conquer that one.

I was looking for a cute sweater to wear at the cabin this weekend for a big family birthday party that the in-laws are throwing, but everything looked awful around the middle. My goal for right now is to get back into my Silver look-alike jeans, and to whittle my middle (the two go hand in hand.)

I think I had to point out that I felt pretty ignored on here because I’m feeling a bit ignored in real life. I won’t go into details, but my two best girlfriends are focused on their dudes and I’m feeling a bit like chopped liver because of things like “oh I can’t hang out tonight because I have to do my homework so I can spend the day with * tomorrow.” That’s fine, I get that, but then I saw her the next day and found out that * suddenly became available so she spent the night with him instead. Or other friend saying we can hang out for an hour because she wanted to spend time with her bf before she had to go to work, or they wouldn’t see each other until the next evening. I feel like I’m in high school again and I kind of want to shake them a little. Girl #1 is in an FWB and she is convinced they are going to date (they aren’t and it’s obvious) girl #2 wants to break up with her bf because of someone else... Drama llamas!

So I still like to look at rings, especially because I’m missing mine-- and I REALLY want to get Alex this one!

Thanks guys Sometimes you just need semi-anonymous internet friends, ya know? lol. I went to bed suddenly so stressed last night. Because I’ll be gone all weekend I have extra to do this week and I have about half the time as usual to put the next issue of the paper together. I did a mass call for submissions, so hopefully some people come out of the woodwork. I have so much to do today before work at 2. Blahhhhh!

Time to Shred!

I value some of my Internet friendships more than some of my real life friendships. Not my long term closests friends but some of the ones who I know will come and go in the years. I got most of them through this site and I'm grateful for them all.

I value some of my Internet friendships more than some of my real life friendships. Not my long term closests friends but some of the ones who I know will come and go in the years. I got most of them through this site and I'm grateful for them all.

Same here, and L has a hard time understanding why and I really can't explain why. I just know when something happens, good or bad, or I need advice, other than L I immediately turn to you guys on here (mostly those ENA members who are friends with me on Facebook). I just have more in common with you guys - even if it's only one thing - than with some friends in real life.

^

I feel the same way. That and IRL we are all so busy that it’s not so easy to just go for a coffee lately. Hopefully that will clear up soon. But ENA makes it easy to stand up on my soapbox rather than having to call a friend and get stuck on an hour-long conversation. Does that make sense? I am really tired!

We were hoping to have my ring back in time for this big family gathering this weekend, but it’s not looking good. I know Alex is disappointed. He’s so proud of it lol. We’re going to get a lot of questions about a lack of ring, but oh well!

I talked to my boss today about getting the weekend off, and she just said that we’d talk about it on Wednesday, and not to worry. But I am worried! No one has come forward to take any of my shifts and she can’t just magically pull an employee out of thin air-- especially on a holiday Monday.

Today a customer made my night: He said he appreciated my ninja-like abilities

My coffee maker seems to be broken. *sad*

If I get all my homework done today, I am going to buy a sweater. Yay sweaters!! Maybe I’ll find a cheap stand-in ring to wear as well.

Today was day 5 of the Shred- getting easier for sure. 20 pushups is a cinch again. 5 more days and then it’s on to level 2-- which I have always found to be easier for some reason.

Class is cancelled today, so I am slowly picking away at assignments and articles for the paper. Not very motivated today, but I don’t really have a choice.

Buy a sweater? What was I thinking? I cannot wait until we get out of those “poor” rut we’re in. This is hard and stressful. When things get back on track, Alex is going to get his gym membership going. It’s $400 we can’t part with right now. I decided I’m going to get student loans next semester and quit the paper. It’s going to be a lot less weight on my shoulders.

Archived