kasey5

I recently started talking to my ex boyfriend again, secretly, because my parent's don't care for him. We broke up about a year and a half ago, and kept in touch ever since, but the feelings never went away. Any ideas on what to do to break the news to them, or let them know i am still in love and want to be with him.

I would make sure that he just doesn't look good because "you can't have him." Your parents have a point if all they saw was the two of you constantly arguing, especially if your moods at home were quite down about it. I think there are feelings, and then there is honestly assessing if a relationship is healthy and then giving yourself permission to fall for someone or not. It is exciting to talk to someone secretly - its a rush and a thrill. I think that you should just plan to run into eachother and tell your parents that you did as a matter of fact story about your day and tell them he seems to have grown up if you think that is true. if he was not a destructive influence in your life, they'll see he's changed, but probably just don't want you to be miserable. How old are you, by the way?

Archived