How do you know if someone cares?

babybear

I am in the early stages of a relationship (4months) and I am wondering what are the actions of a boyfriend who really cares about you? What are the actions of someone who wants more than fun, isn't settling, and wants to fall in love and be with you for the long-term? If the boyfriend struggles with communicating his feelings for you then how are you supposed to know?

Is them wanting to see you and phones you all the time supposed to be enough? Why doesn't it feel enough for me?

Some men never really learn to communicate their feelings easily. It's hard for them to do because they didn't grow up doing it, so it's new territory.

My suggestions are rather than trying to profile a guy or set of behaviors, you look at what your guy does, or what he doesn't do. Four months is really soon to ask for a love for life situation, actually I would not trust that statement out of any mans mouth at that point. What you should be at this point is good friends with some extra special ooomph. And you should both have a willingness to continue the relationship. It's when a guy starts putting up barriers that seem unreasonable to you that you know something is wrong. It may not be the relationship, he could be commitmentphobic, he might not be that into you.

I suggest always that you not put the burden on yourself of : "does this guy like me?" But that you take your power back and ask: "Do I really like this guy, do I see it going anywhere?" The first question leaves you a sitting duck to his desires, and the second puts the power over your life right back where it belongs always: WITH YOU!

Angel

Archived