Sister hit by car, driver ran

annony

I am really angry, as much as my sister can bother me, nobody hurts her and gets away with it!

She was crossing in a crosswalk, and a driver sped through and clipped her with his mirror. She went down, and he did not stop. Because she had the wind knocked out of her, she wasn't able to get the plate number.

This was during rush hour, there were no other pedestrians, but other drivers may have seen, but we aren't sure.

She is in the hospital with cracked ribs, and will likely be out tonight.

I want to find this guy, she could have been in a lot worse shape, and he did not care, he fled with her on the ground!

The police have a description of the vehicle, but just that it's a "silver car". My sister does not know enough about cars to give the make/model/year or even if it was a sedan or wagon.

Is there anything I can do from my position to help find witnesses, or find this guy?

Write something about it in the local paper. Describe what happened, the colour car, etc. Have her write about how much the pain is and how it's horrible that someone could do such a bad thing and get away with it.

Even if they don't get caught, if the person who did it reads it, they will feel really bad.

If you can't catch them, at least you can cause them pain and guilt.

I second the suggestion about the local paper. Also call the local tv news stations and see if they will run a short message asking for information on the accident. Many will unless they are just totally packed with stories.

Do you live near where it happened? You could drive out there and go into any local businesses and ask if they know anything. Maybe create a flyer describing things and ask for help. Put the phone number of the police detective assigned to the case. Ask the businesses if you can post the flyer. Put them up near the scene on things that seem appropriate.

I'm so sorry this happened to your sister. I agree with going the local paper. maybe in his panic or shock he told someone who may read the story and feel compelled to come forward.

I should imagine, though, that whoever did this drove off in shear panic and is probably being eaten up with guilt right now. I know that is no justification to their actions but it might help you to feel less angry by knowing that this person will have to live with this and the possible consequences of their actions for the rest of their life.

Archived