So I'm shallow for disliking overweight girls yet.....

dog stevens

Wait, there are actually women who DON"T like tall guys!!! When did this happen??? Did they reverse the laws of physical attraction? From everything I've seen and read tall guys are way more likely to attract the opposite sex. They've even done studies where they showed short men with great jobs to a group of women and then tall guys with average jobs to the same group. They preferred the tall guys with the average jobs the majority of the time. Tall rules.

Do you not think that there are some women out there who dont prefer tall calls? I'm 5'0" so I don't want guys who tower over me. My husband is 5'4" and I much prefer his height. Your post is opinion, even with the studies you talk a out. Studies mean nothing when it comes to personal preference.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait, there are actually women who DON"T like tall guys!!! When did this happen??? Did they reverse the laws of physical attraction? From everything I've seen and read tall guys are way more likely to attract the opposite sex. They've even done studies where they showed short men with great jobs to a group of women and then tall guys with average jobs to the same group. They preferred the tall guys with the average jobs the majority of the time. Tall rules.

Yes, I've had lots of girls specifically tell me that I'm too tall and that they don't like tall guys. And to top that off every ladies man I know in real life is short.

From a sexual perspective I think it makes sense that girls would prefer short guys. They can maneuver way better in bed than a tall guy. A tall guy has long legs that will kind of get in the way.

If you're thin/fit and being thin/fit is important to you, then it's perfectly acceptable to want that in others. If you were in a relationship and everything was going fine, then some sort of accident or medical condition developed which meant your significant other gained weight, you would be shallow for leaving them.

Height is a bit tougher, because it's something we don't have control over. (I realize some people don't have control over their weight, but most still do.) Still, I think it's acceptable to want someone who is roughly the same height. Women generally prefer men to be a bit taller than themselves, and vice versa. Fortunately, men are generally taller than women.

Being thin/fit means you're more capable of taking off on bike rides or hikes on a whim, which some people really enjoy. Being the same height as the person you're with is a comfort. Wanting someone just because they're thin/fit, or just because they're tall or short is shallow.

Yes, I've had lots of girls specifically tell me that I'm too tall and that they don't like tall guys. And to top that off every ladies man I know in real life is short.

From a sexual perspective I think it makes sense that girls would prefer short guys. They can maneuver way better in bed than a tall guy. A tall guy has long legs that will kind of get in the way.

Agreed. Not every woman likes tall guys.

I'm not too picky on height but my preference is that the guy is around my height (5'7'') and not really much taller than that.

Women are lucky, they at least have a valid-sounding excuse for preferring height: "It makes me feel secure." If there's a valid-sounding excuse for preferring thin women, we haven't invented it, yet. Um, fewer health issues?

"I like a thinner woman so she can keep up with my active lifestyle". Of course, that only works if you actually have an active lifestyle.

Not at all, how we keep ourselves says a lot about us and overweight slovenly appearance shows a lack of care about oneself, low self esteem, and an inability to take control of oneself. Being tall can't be helped, or controlled.

Not in all cases. I knew a guy who gained quite a lot of weight because of a medication he had to be on. It made him obese and there was nothing he could do about it.

I guess it could've seemed that way, but seriously, I didn't mean it to be cold. I just meant at 5'1", Matt has a legit gripe about being short unlike some guys who are 5'8", 5'9" and complain endlessly about it.

True, he just needs something to distinguish himself. Confidence never hurts either...

True, he just needs something to distinguish himself.

Great face, big penis, and a six pack would help.

Along with a boatload of money.

I think the OP would sound better if he were short.

Alot of women like to define what they prefer as a need, while they get offended if a guy wants anything.

When you are willing to put physical appearance (or certain physical traits) over a person's substance then that is shallow. You will find it easier if you just admit that youre shallow and move on, if you dont refute it then you will find far less resistance

I do not find men attractive. This is putting a physical trait over substance. No matter how witty, charming, etc., I'm not into dudes.

My point is you are attracted to whom you are attracted. If that's shallow, so be it. If you're shallow, embrace it, roll with it.

You have to know however, that excluding someone for ANY reason may mean you are possibly denying yourself something great. If you just can't get over whatever it is though, don't try to force it.

*has none of those things* D'oh! I just can't win, can I? lol...

Then just keep your eye peeled for women who don't make height one of their requirements. I'm 5'1" and I could care less how tall/short my boyfriend is. I've dated guys a few inches taller than me (around the 5'6" range I'd guess) and guys who were over a foot taller than me. Gun to my head, I'd actually say I have a preference for guys around my own height (one of my exes was quite tall... I was very attracted to him but we looked ridiculous in pictures.)

I think the majority of women who say they want a taller guy are actually referring to a sense of masculinity. I admit I have my own preference when it comes to that... I am turned off by short, really skinny guys. If I feel large beside the guy, I don't feel comfortable or feminine. (Tall, skinny guys or short, bulky guys seem to be what lifts my luggage.)

We are ALL shallow to some degree. My fiance doesn't like slender women and while I like the fact he is taller than me, he isn't HUGE on me. I'm 5'4", he's 5'10". My head rests right under his chin and I'm fine with that. I think super tall guys and short women (first pair that comes to mind is Kris Humpries and Kim Kardashian) just looks, weird to me. I could not deal with a guy that taller than me. She obviously can though.

I'm shallow in the fact I don't like well muscled guys. It just doesn't turn me on. As long as I don't project that shallowness to hurt anyone else, it's okay. As many people have said, the way you word things are really what is bringing you accross as shallow - if you fat vs. over weight or none slender girls, it's always going to get you a negative reaction. Just like if your a hosrt guy who can't get a girl because she likes tall men, her saying short vs. guys closer to my height is going to sting.

I do not find men attractive. This is putting a physical trait over substance. No matter how witty, charming, etc., I'm not into dudes.

My point is you are attracted to whom you are attracted. If that's shallow, so be it. If you're shallow, embrace it, roll with it.

You have to know however, that excluding someone for ANY reason may mean you are possibly denying yourself something great. If you just can't get over whatever it is though, don't try to force it.

I would say that being a man is more than a physical trait, in fact being male means having a Y chromosome. I do agree that you like what you like whether it is called shallow or not just go with it.

Then just keep your eye peeled for women who don't make height one of their requirements.

No offence, but these women don't wear shirts they say they are into short guys.

For him to find that girl, he runs the chance of meeting some nasty women who really think low of short men.

It's pretty messed up, but just as much as there are men who think low of overweight women, there are some women who truly act as if that short men are horrible people.

Infact, alot of people in general have a negative few of short men because of crappy stereotypes.

Archived