fun with furry fetish

Miss Kitty

My boyfriend and I have gotten to the point where we are ready to engage in the sexual side of our relationship. He recently opened up to me that he has a furry fetish. I was a little freaked out, but when he explained that it's not like what the media portrays it as, I decided to give it a try. I am finding that I too am turned on by dressing up. I bought a collar and kitty ears (with black fur and pink sequins) and I feel sexy as I crawl on all fours accross the bed.

The thing is, I am really new to all this as I had never tried it before and I am still a little unsure of what he likes in this aspect. He's sensitive about it (he thought I was going to break up with him when he told me about his fetish!), so I want to be careful about how I find out more about what turns him on with this.

Also, I really want to complete my outfit for him. I was wondering if anyone has some advice on how to buy a tail (and maybe even the mitten paws) and how to attach the tail to lingerie. Also, I live at home with my parents, so I have to be careful if I order anything online that it comes discretely (same with on the credit card bill). Thank you for your help!

Your cat outfit sounds so cute! I bet he loves it. It's great that you are so opening to trying out this kink, and find enjoyment in it yourself.

Just keep communicating with him about it. Ask him to give examples of what he likes. Ask him frequently for feedback. Sounds like you two are doing very well with that already.

Halloween is coming up. Maybe you could look for more kitty pieces at one of those seasonal halloween stores? Or any store that will have costume pieces, really.

Ebay, Amazon, and Etsy might be useful too.

Your cat outfit sounds so cute! I bet he loves it. It's great that you are so opening to trying out this kink, and find enjoyment in it yourself.

Just keep communicating with him about it. Ask him to give examples of what he likes. Ask him frequently for feedback. Sounds like you two are doing very well with that already.

Halloween is coming up. Maybe you could look for more kitty pieces at one of those seasonal halloween stores? Or any store that will have costume pieces, really.

Ebay, Amazon, and Etsy might be useful too.

Thank you, good ideas. I went to check a costume store today, but they were closed for the holiday. I was lucky enough to find a leather collar for four dollars on the clearance rack and I liked it better than all the other ones. (I almost got a hot pink and black zebra print one but it wasn't as nice feeling, but then he said he later he loves hot pink and black together, so I think I'll get it and surprise him later with a new collar). I want to get an engraved tag too. I was thinking Ms. Kitty. Does that name sound good to you? I thought I could say, "Hi, I'm Miss Kitty. I'm a bad kitty that you can you feel so good."

Furry fetishes can be fun. I don't actually have a cat costume yet, but my boyfriend and I refer to each other as, "Feline" and "Wolf" all the time.

That sounds really hot. Wolves are awesome. Do you also do any type of acting or role playing with that? Does Feline purr? I don't know if purring when he "pets" me would be weird or not. I am so new to embracing this fetish, I have no idea what I'm doing and he's been a furry for a while so I feel like a virgin with the star of the high school football team!

Hmm. It depends on what you want from the tail. If you're looking more for something that attaches to clothing, you could get a pin-on tail from a costume shop. If you'd rather make your own, you might have luck finding a cosplay forum and reading up on tutorials; cat-girls aren't at all uncommon.

There are companies out there that do tails attached to butt-plugs, some of which are really amazing. If you end up wanting to invest in a more long-term set, Kitten Cream (just google) has some really gorgeous stuff. If not, I've read reviews from people attaching tails to ring-handled plugs that they already own.

I think that your best bet for finding out what sort of thing he likes - is to ask him!

Make it very clear to him that it's not something that he should be ashamed of (because it sounds like he's worried about pushing you away).

Sometimes, the best way to find out about fetishes in relationships is to sit down outside of an intimate situation and talk about it: you learn more about your partner, and it's a lot easier to talk about in a situation where you're both just sitting down, sharing information.

It's been really helpful for me and my boyfriend to be able to state what we are and aren't into. Most importantly - don't feel pressured into agreeing with something you're not into. Give things a try by all means, but don't feel like you have to share all his fetishes if you find you're not into some aspects of them.

Thank you Kerrian. I agree, he was really sacred at first. He even asked me if I would break up with him if he was a furry. I have assured him that I don't want to break up with him simply because he has a fetish. I actually am really getting into this one. I think I've liked for a while but before Austin, I had a hard time really embracing this kinky side of me for fear of being thought strange. I like that we can be so open. I do need to ask what he likes, because I am finding that the furry fetish has a very wide array of totally different types of attractions for simple kitty ears, to full on big bulky costumes (not my thing). I feel sexy when I put on my collar and ears, but if he's into the full on Disney charecter costume, I just can't get into that. I don't think he's looking for that though, because I showed him my ears and collar I bought and he was real excited. I don't know yet if he's into the actual role play of it all too and how into that he is. So that's something I'd have to ask him.

I agree with being open minded and trying things but not getting into things that you know you don't like. We've already come accross this. He's a butt man and I don't like mine touched at all. I let him spank me, but he knows that that's where it ends and not too much of that either. He also knows that he can bite me, but only if it's not too hard.

This I can help you with since I was a cosplayer several years ago and dressed up as a catgirl.

The easiest supplies... a fluffy boa. You can find one at Michaels or any arts and crafts store. There are white, black, and gray. I had to make a brown cat tail for my costume, so I dyed it when it was originally white. The boas are VERY fluffy and highly recommend making a cat tail out of it. You can be totally discrete from your family about it... or just say that Halloween is coming up and you're going to a costume party as Catwoman.

Thank you. I'll look for a boa. I was also playing around with some of my scarves from my closet today. What's the best way to wear the boa? Just tie it around me? Also, I was thinking about creating a few different animal personas such as a wolf and dog and a fox (named Foxy Lady of course .) I am worried though that my mom will find them. I'd have to explain why I have several. Also, I was wanting to wear some sexy lingerie with them. I'd have to explain that too. Any ideas on what to say if I'm found out?

• 4 weeks later...

If you're an adult, hopefully your mother won't be snooping and find out. If she does, explain to her it's normal and natural to want to be sexy for the man you love and you would appreciate if she wouldn't snoop through your stuff anymore.

I always feel weird when people talk about parents finding things, because I'm open to the point where if I need help figuring out which cami set or whatever else would look better on me, she will tell me straight up. I guess we are more like friends at this point in my life - but that's because I am an adult, in a long term relationship. Hopefully your mother views you the same way.

If you're an adult, hopefully your mother won't be snooping and find out. If she does, explain to her it's normal and natural to want to be sexy for the man you love and you would appreciate if she wouldn't snoop through your stuff anymore.

I always feel weird when people talk about parents finding things, because I'm open to the point where if I need help figuring out which cami set or whatever else would look better on me, she will tell me straight up. I guess we are more like friends at this point in my life - but that's because I am an adult, in a long term relationship. Hopefully your mother views you the same way.

asianwears on ebay are selling a neko cosplay bundle titled "Black Neko anime cat cosplay fancy costume lolita goth" (I'd have linked you, but I'm not allowed 3: )

It's US$19.99+$10.99 shipping (a good price, I've paid the same for just the paws!) You get 2 paws, 2 clip on ears, one tail, one bow collar thingy and a bell. They're from semi-cosplay and they're really nice and soft!

In short, these are gooooood, but you may want to get some long black gloves to go with the paws (depending on the size of your hands, the may cut off a bit too soon)

Chuck the ears out, they're crap and the ones you have now are probably better. The tail has a pin aaand, um, maybe grab some black leg warmers?

Thanks all. I'll check out that set Fragaria.

I did end up finding a tail now that all the Halloween stuff is out. My outfits not the greatest out there, but it's coming along. I am so excited to try this out soon! My tail has a loop on it to attach to a belt. So I just need to get a black belt comfortable enough to wear all night and preferably some gloves and I'll be set.

Yay furry play! As an avid furry fan myself I was glad to see this very positive post and its responses.

Another possibility for you and your Wolf is to go to a furry convention. There's a lot of weirdness there (just as there is at any sci-fi, fantasy, and/or comic convention) but there's a lot to be gained, too. A quick Google search should reveal many conventions all over the world, but the three I know most about and can specifically recommend are FurCon (San Francisco Bay Area), AnthroCon (Pittsburgh, PA) and Midwest FurFest (near Chicago). The Dealer's Room can be a great source of inspiration (through artists and costumers) and a good place to find costume bits. Just be careful to set yourself a budget and stick to it (said from one too many times blowing said budget )

I can tell you a lot more about cons if you want to know; feel free to PM or e-mail me (SongCoyote at yahoo) if you want. In the mean time, have fun!

Light and laughter,

SongCoyote

If you share a sexual kink I've found it can bring you closer, but it takes months to open up fully to each other, and feel comfortable exposing who you are.

I found just after sex when your laying in each others arms is a good time to open up.

Thanks. I'll try that.

Archived