I saw her at Whole Foods and I haven't been the same since

MrRightKnow

Tonight made one week since I first saw her and 5 days since the last time. It was around 7:30pm and raining last Monday when I went to Whole Foods for some low cal, organic goodness. I'm going to skip any further build up and get to the part when my eyes found her. It feels so lame to write this but I can't stop thinking about her. I can't stop thinking about her terribly wonderful, neon green, knee-high, zip-up, galoshes. Oh to be one of those boots so that I might cover such a perfect appendage. I could try to put into words the feelings that swim inside me for her hair, her soft skin, her perfect form, but the flood of superlatives wouldn't come close to describing her radiant elegance.

Possibly that lone encounter could have been forgotten by me but two nights later at almost the same time and in the same location she entered my world once again. This time no longer wearing the radioactive rubber rainboots as the weather was fair, but her image was just as piercing to my heart. Never once did she glance in my direction, never once did her eyes stray in any direction as I watched her. I may as well have been invisible. Her transaction complete, she walked out of the building on the back of a breeze as I paid at another isle for my own earth-friendly produce. Soon out of the doors myself I scanned the horizon for one last glimpse of her and for a split second I thought she was gone until I noticed her eating alone on the front patio. Certainly no one as lovely as this would dine alone, but even more certain was the fact that I was powerless to approach and thus banished to my iron steed to ride home forlorn.

So anyway, I've been back there twice since then including tonight, the one week anniversary, with no luck. I have to see her again, and I have to think that I will. When I do, I want to talk to her but she never even noticed my presence the two times we were (relatively) near each other. I could have been on fire with a truck-stop flagpole sticking out of my skull and she wouldn't have noticed. I assume she has no boyfriend as she was seen alone twice and even eating alone. What do I do? Put up flyers for the angel in the green galoshes? When I do see her again I think it will be best to go easy with a casual opener and not let her know she's been on my mind for so long. I am terrible at breaking the ice, but if given any positive cues I pick up speed fast. I want to give the city and address of the store in the hopes that someone here might now her. I feel I had my chance and blew it.

Why are you here? Having scanned this site your are probably aware that there are people here dealing with real difficulties and real trauma. If you find that amusing then fair enough. Why not simply pass on through?

How very crass of you Deciduous. People don't typically post in the Attraction and Flirting section of this site because they've been traumatized, and that's certainly not the only thing this site does. Otherwise, it would be link removed.

Also, I saw nothing in OP's post that says, "Ha ha, you were abused and are unloved by your parents, ha ha!" Why would you assume that he finds this site amusing?

MrRightKnow actually ASKED a question. He asked "What do I do?". Would you care to answer it?

OP,

As to your question: Keep your chin up, but don't rest your life happiness on seeing her again.

Keep shopping at Whole Foods, and, maybe, one day, she'll come back into your life. And when(if) she does, give yourself a quick check in your undergarments to make sure you still have a pair, and DO something!

Good luck!

Oh Good Gawd! He's a spoof poster!! You get that right, Perrin? Possibly the radioactive rubber rainboots might have tipped you to the fact.

Actually, I know people that talk like this. It's best to give people the benefit of the doubt. It's the admins job to weed out the fakes, not yours.

No, not a spoof poster. Don't know what that is and don't need to. I was a member of this site years ago when a long term relationship went bad but I don't remember that name and password and figured it better to leave those days behind anyway. The above situation is very real and is very similar to other situations here. My doubter's screen name makes me think of Rush lyrics, "the maples want more sunlight but the oaks ignore their pleas."

I did wait a week of longing for this girl before coming here to vent. I was rolling around in bed last night shouting at my stupidity for blowing what I didn't realize to be a perfect chance. If I'm lucky enough to see her again hopefully I'll get somewhere. It has literally been over 8 years since I felt this way so quickly over such brief encounters, and I spun a relationship out of it before.

I'm feeling like this was a stupid idea. This is a great site but possibly not for everyone. I thought I'd get the feelings into words and uplift myself in the process by going outside the mundane, maybe not.

Many thanks for that, Perrin.

Mr Rightknow - I did try to send you a personal PM to apologise in person. Unfortunately I couldn't get though. Mate, I'd feel terrible if I put you off this site. Especially when it's helped you so much in the past. I got it wrong. My bad. Hope you will move past my mistake, and give us another whirl here.

All the best to you

Deci

Archived