Its 2 months after break-up and it seems to be getting worse

3+ LTR, Its 2.5 months post break-up and it seems to be getting worse. The first weeks were OK, but after a teary bargaining session from me around week 4, its gone downhill. Its like the reality is setting in deeper and it feels like its getting worse. I have a lot of other stuff happening at the moment so the emotional pain from this makes it even harder.

I know I am not the only one to go through this, but that is of little comfort at the moment.

She wants to stay friends, but that is painful for me right now. She sent me a birthday email, and I am dying to reply(I have been NC for a week)

I know its all psychological, but I need the hurt to stop.

Just realise that it takes a while to start to feel better after a significant relationship ends. Some studies put the average time at about 18 months. After my two deacde long relationships ended it took me about a year to feel OK about it and another year to be totally over it. That seemed to be m divorced friends experience as well.

The really * * * * ty intitial stage after you first breakup can last a while but time will eventually dull the pain if you let it. Go NC for now as tryig to stay friends will probably destroy you right now.

Thanks, I am getting weak here.

We have many mutual friends so the odds of seeing her soon are quite real if I am not super careful. That will be far worse than a simple email. I was hoping I would be stronger, but can't do it for some reason?

I am too analytical for my own good and ruminating about it.

Archived