Sorry I have to bother you guys again with this topic. I will see my bf tomorrow. He is still very mad at me for telling him I was partly attracted to him because of his problems, that I could fix.

Is his reaction over the top? He went out of the house; he didn't tell me where he was until 1,5 days after he left the house; he demands an apology for the way I portray the truth (wrong in his eyes); he is staying in a hotel now and he is looking for a permanent apartment; he has been telling his mom about moving back to his country. And this all of a sudden after 4 years of relationship!

My gut is telling me something, but I am affraid I am overreacting. I feel as if my bf is noticing I am reading about improving relationships, and he knows I am not happy and it won't take long before I am done with the way things are going now (= playing housewife, providing for him). I feel as if he feels he can no longer get my love, money and help for practically free anymore, and so he moves on. I hope I am overreacting.

You're wondering if you are overreacting? After 4 years together, he leaves for 5 days over a random comment like that? If you're not happy with the way things are going, and he's afraid of addressing concerns you've been having about your relationship, then I think he's handing you a gift. Let the baby go off and throw a tantrum. He'll either come back ready to roll up his sleeves and talk...or he won't. Your life is going to improve either way.

Archived