Hall of Famous ENA Quotes*

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I quote myself? lol hear me out here- not as shallow as I sound lol.

I just posted this to someone in a thread, but I think it's worth repeating! It was a quote I found a while ago when I was going through my break up last year. I read this quote SO many times to myself, and it did make me feel a little better. I couldn't find the exact quote so I rephrased the gist of it:

'Relationships are like vases. When they break you try so hard to put them back together, wanting desperately for it to look as it did before. But sometimes you have to realize that it can not be that way, and it is best to remember the vase for that it was when it was whole and beautiful, then to stare at a vase with missing pieces and try to pretend it looks the same'

Haha, I always have to laugh when I think of this quote, I found it in one of 22n32 posts...:

>>I never get jealous when I see my ex with someone else, because my parents taught me to give my used toys to the less fortunate...

...Haha

Absolutely brilliant! I was drinking a diet coke reading this and sprayed it accross the table as it just tickled me so! Thank goodness I was eating alone! LOL.

Hey Carus!

Long path to travel huh? Thought I'd give a bit of input, maybe someone will get something out of it:

You dont need to know how long it will take, just that you WILL get there eventually if you stay patient with yourself and take the steps necessary to make it happen*

Also remember that you are Unique. You are You*. The very fact that you are on a forum such as ENA shows that you are a very special and caring person....Dont let anyone take that away from you*

yeah, you said that... ^^^

And one of my all time favorites by TiredofVampires:

Forgiveness is when you see the other person as having acted in the only way they could have at the time, with the tools they had, and their limitations which were a burden for them -- and feeling strong enough to see their plight as just as bad or worse than your own for that.

I don't believe one is often able to achieve that in one sweeping epiphany that sticks. But once you've had an experience of that, no matter how brief, you can cultivate it more and more until the stain of anger and outrage is slowly transformed to compassion for them and seeing yourself as much more than what they did to you.

Hi Brandnewday*

Yes I remember that quote...Damn, brought a tear to my own eye..! lol

I'm so glad to see this thread is serving its purpose and helping people...

United through adversity, we have all come together to radiate enough warmth to keep us warm through the long dark night*

Ever Forward Everyone.

Carus* 8-)

I read a lot on these forums, but tiredofvampires and jettison have always stood out to me as some of the most eloquent and perceptive posters. So much of their advice has touched me. I collect quotes, so here are a few of their words.

No one will ever take the place of the ones who are gone. EVER.

But that's not the point of loving again. Allowing yourself to love again is your birthright. As a plant continues to need water to keep living, so we continue needing love -- in all its faces, and to its greatest potential -- to keep living.

As long as we are given life to live on this earth...we deserve to know and experience love. --TOV

Maybe it's just my rebellious nature, but sometimes I realize what and whom I need to rebel against the most is myself.

So when I feel like this -- like I'm needing to keep up the pace with everyone, and make a good showing of myself (for myself) -- I take this as a kind of signal that I'm pursuing things for the wrong reasons, and that therefore, I won't get the results I so desperately want. In fact, I might get the opposite.I know how that feels, but you can't force feelings. Maybe, it's just not opportune now, and THAT'S what the Universe is telling you. --TOV

People want to be treated with honesty, even when that honesty isn't always pretty. That's what's sexy. That's what could potentially make your ex partner look at you in a romantic way again.” --jettison

Are people really so naieve that you can "spare their feelings" and they just don't get it? When a guy hears "the friend speech" delivered in a graceful, feeling-sparing manner, does it really make him feel any better? It would only make him feel worse I'd think. "Politeness" when someone is being told that they aren't good enough for you is really only beneficial to the messenger. The messenger gets to think "I'm such a sweet, caring, warm person for being so nice to that person that I wouldn't date on a bet." --jettison

this is crazyaboutdogs signature quote but is by CATFEEDER. one of my favourites.

"A word to the kind: when I sense I'm hurting someone, I am. The fact that someone would be weak enough to tolerate that from me doesn't make me less responsible for my actions, it makes me more responsible". Catfeeder

probably my favorite:

"much like you cannot control how someone comes into your life, you cannot control how they leave - all you can control is your ability to forgive what you cannot change, and remember the time between their absences. The radiance of the space between the darkness will always make the moments worth cherishing evident over time, and let the initial guilt and regret fade as you learn to say goodbye."

As far as her forgetting about your relationship. No way in hell she has forgotten or ever will. No matter who you are and how hard you try, you cant forget someone just like that.

And:

Like another member on ENA said, true love doesnt walk out on you.

8-)

Haha, I always have to laugh when I think of this quote, I found it in one of 22n32 posts...:

>>I never get jealous when I see my ex with someone else, because my parents taught me to give my used toys to the less fortunate...

...Haha

I just copied and pasted that, printed it, stuck it on my wall next to my bed. Brilliant!

I think Journeynow said this to me once in a post and it really helped, I wrote it down somewhere.

See yourself as having a new life. I'm sure the past is full of problems, but if you see a new beginning, you may start wondering how you can bring out the potential in you.

She also said something along the lines that 'if you keep looking at the rear window all the time you won't see what's ahead of you'

here is a bit of advice I saved from rapunzel in a long ago thread on push-pull theory that helped me early on after my breakup. it's beautifully put;

"..by allowing yourself to understand that there really is such thing as "the one", and that person is you.... not the other, whoever they may be. Believe in true love. Believe in "the one". You are your own "the one". Once you understand that, you will be much more capable of giving yourself in a more authentic way to a partner. And then, almost like magic, suddently other people will start recognizing you as "the one" as well.

If you can begin to treat yourself and your own life as a person you are trying to win over, if you are busy trying to buy your own affection, if you are busy trying to live up to your own standards, only then can a transformation happen."

You know when you read something and it takes your breath for a second, well this is testcase’s signature....

"And I'm not really sure why I let you win, Or even why I let it begin.

I've always been an easy in, And easy out the door again.

And I know it's only because you're down, That you'd ever want to come around.

Just a little secret in a little town, You had me but it's over now.

You'll get my attention again somehow.

It's no problem.

- Local H"

I read a lot on these forums, but tiredofvampires and jettison have always stood out to me as some of the most eloquent and perceptive posters. So much of their advice has touched me. I collect quotes, so here are a few of their words.

in wholehearted agreement. two of the best.

where is jettison, anyway?

True codependents do things like buy drugs/booze for their addicted SO, lie for them to cover up and bail them out of jail. The whole codepency concept has been watered down and diluted to apply to anyone who longs for another person who used to love and appreciate them. We are all codependent in relationships to a degree, and its not a bad thing.

Me (with the utmost humility)

People who truly love you and are ready for a healthy relationship do not string you along like a puppy dog on a leash. They're walking next to you as your equal.

And:

I have only stopped crying to eat so I don't choke on my food(another piece of wisdom: Don't eat and wretchedly sob simultaneously)

Wise words indeed...

8-)

From ProtestTheHero:

"The real problem is women have no game. I've never met a woman that could walk up to a group of my friends, keep us all entertained, and then single out a guy and get his number"

So true!! lol. I have no idea why, but that's the funniest thing I've read in ages and I just love it! lol.

Archived