Is it normal to constantly worry about money?

Right now, I live with my sister. She helps me out, because I'm in college. I don't make enough money to pay rent, but I help out with some bills or groceries etc. When I do have the money I give it to her. However, somehow, I feel like I will eventually be broke and have no place to live. I know she won't kick me out on the street, because our family is not like that. But, I have this weird feeling that I'm never going to get my own place or that I'm going to be broke. I know my family will help me out, but I still don't feel secure. Anyone have any advice on what to do or how to deal with this anxiety? I thought about taking out a loan, but I'm afraid that I might not finish school, and I'd have to pay it all back somehow. I have 3 years left of school, and I want to wait until the last two years or year to consider a loan. Not a day goes by that I don't think about money.

I am receiving financial aid. I used to have a steady job, before going to school. So, I was used to have a secure steady income. Now that it's not consistent, I notice that I worry a lot about money. I really need to suck it up, and get used to feeling "broke" until I finish school.

It is not bad at all to worry, I work two jobs and my family tells me i am stingy with all my money. The economy blows so i try to save all i can. Not sure how old you are or were you live, you can also check into getting food assistance. That would help you some as you don't have to spend your own money

I've never met a rich college student. All students are flat broke. That's why we dined on ramen noodles and poptarts. lol

Realize this is TEMPORARY. Work towards your degree and your career, and then you will have your income and independence. For now? I'd enjoy the lessened responsibilities. It won't last...

Archived