Dealing with anger at ex

I'm still so angry at my ex for not being honest with me. He ended it the last day of the semester before I left college to go home for the summer. (We came from the same home town, but he was living with his older sister, who lives in the same town as our university.) Before I left, I asked him how often we would see each other this summer, and he told me he might not see me at all. I asked how often we would talk, and he said he might go all summer without talking to me. When I asked him to be serious and answer seriously, he just laughed and said we MIGHT talk.

He didn't even want to kiss/hug or say bye before I left, and he said he was thinking of breaking up with me. I wanted to know before I left if we were still dating, so I asked him multiple times "Are we still dating?" Each time, he just fake-laughed and said "What do you think?" Then when he got in his car to drive off (He said he wanted to go home-he didn't because his car was back on campus when I left), I asked "So are we done?" And he said yes and drove off.

Fast forward one month later, and he's dating my now ex-friend from our hometown. He had taken special weekend trips to come visit her and I'm sure they talk more than we would have if we were still dating. I'm so mad that he lied to me about not seeing me this summer or talking to me, when it's so obvious he was capable of both, as evidenced by how often he has visited/ talked to her!

Can anyone please give me advice on how to deal with the anger that I have towards him? Anger is the only emotion I feel strongly towards him right now...without it, I feel indifferent to such a coward.

He didn't lie to you about not seeing you in the summer.. he told you he wouldn't and he hasn't. Therefore he's actually telling the truth.

The anger will be there and trust me I deal with it regularly too. All you can tell yourself is that he is no longer your problem, try and form a mental detachment from him to you and that your life is no longer his business. Once you can form that detachment in your head, you can let the emotions be.. whatever they want to be.

It's okay to feel angry, how long you been angry? I'd get angry too if I were you, what a coward, and what a snob laughing at your questions like that, screw him

Get angry let it all out but remember that he's not even worth you getting upset over

I'm just mad because WHILE WE WERE DATING, he said he wouldn't see/ talk to me, assuming we were still dating. But he sees/talks to his new gf who he started dating within a month of BU regularly. I guess I'm upset, because that could have been me he was visiting on the weekends and talking to, but he obviously prefers to put effort into a new relationship instead of the 3-year one he walked out of.

Oh I understand why you are angry. I was just being pedantic. Trust me, he is a lowlife scum for treating you like that. And you have every right to be mad.

But what good will it do you? He has decided that she is his path, so let him, its his decision. Work on making him not a part of your life, and you'll find the inner peace you desire.

Ugh....my mom just told me that he initiated a Facebook chat conversation with her...he has no reason at all to talk to my mother....especially since he has a new girlfriend....this makes me want him less, at least, because this also irritates me. I want to ask my mom to remove him off Facebook, but I don't want him to think that he has any sort of impact on me!

Archived