Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Will this be enough money to travel Australia for 2 months?

replytome

Hi, I'm going to Australia for two months, (maybe Thailand for one week to see a few friends backpacking over there), and I have 9000 AUD.

I'm planning on doing the east coast, Sydney-Cairns. Plane tickets booked, and hostel for the first week is paid for already. Including activities.

I want to do as many things as possible, Scuba diving, skydiving, bungee jumping, etc, and also see as many islands and worthwhile places as possible along the eastcoast, and perhaps even more inland.

Could you let me know please? I also don't want to be starving, and I drink a fair amount when I go out.

It might be an idea to go on the internet to see how much activities like scuba diving, sky diving and bungee jumping is in Australia. I have a feeling that they are quite expensive; but there are plenty of other, cheaper things to do that would be just as fun!!!

Fun! Lucky! Have you been there before?? I went there in january and loved it! Yes it was expensive but you'll enjoy it : ) what made you decide to go there? I was actuallky thinking of going back in january again next year. Sky diving, that would be so much fun out there!!! Are you traveling alone?

The east-side? What's over there besides Sydney, that alone should scare you away! =D More than enough, well.. Should be. Depends if you plan on shopping etc.. But 9,000 should be fine. Just don't shout drinks and manage your money!

I guess I'm kinda biased because I'm from Western Australia but it is a shame that more international tourists don't make the (rather large) jump to visit Western Australia. We have the best beaches and natural scenery in the country in my opinion, we are too damn isolated though

$9,000 should be enough, Australia is expensive for meals, drinks & activities but the quality of food and people are good. Unless you dig the whole outback thing there isnt as much history or sightseeing as there is in Europe so i'd skip a week of Australia and spend it on a beach in thailand.

• 3 weeks later...
I guess I'm kinda biased because I'm from Western Australia but it is a shame that more international tourists don't make the (rather large) jump to visit Western Australia. We have the best beaches and natural scenery in the country in my opinion, we are too damn isolated though

Hey I'll start my Australia journey on the west coast so wipe that frown off your face

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived