Welcome to the 21st century No love here.

miky077

As in title it's the 21st century and really lets be honest no one really love anyone anymore, the words i love you are thrown around so much i want to puke. It's the 21st century everyone lies more, cheats more and fakes relationships more for a multitude of reason you can all blame the media brainwashing for that and the love in movies(fake love) which obviously does not exist. No one really loves anyone people just say things to get what they want or to keep you in a relationship feeding you false hope. Not saying this is the case with everyone but one person might love the partner but that partner is just giving empty i love you's with no real love or meaning, my message don't believe everything everyone says we are human and it's human nature to say things to get what we want.

If everyone believed that, there really would be no love.

If you say so, this is just my opinion from what i'v seen and this mostly applies to ages 18- early 20s for older people well just look at the divorce rates love dies eventually if there was any there or people these days just get married for the wrong reasons.

Although part of me does want to believe in a true and selfless love, sadly, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Yeah it's the 21st century and times change most have been brainwashed into believing in the media version of love which does not exist which is why relationships and marriages are failing epicly.

If you say so, this is just my opinion from what i'v seen and this mostly applies to ages 18- early 20s for older people well just look at the divorce rates love dies eventually if there was any there or people these days just get married for the wrong reasons.

i agree with you. but what you've described is NOT love.

you've described attachment...and the insecurity that fuels that attachment.

you've suggested that ''love'' has been misrepresented by the media...and you're absolutely right. so...why have you deemed the idea of love as ''hopeless'' based on the fact that it doesn't adhere to the 'hollywood' ideal? it doesn't really make sense. i mean..i understand where you're coming from...but your argument is a bit incongruent. you know?

Yeah it's the 21st century and times change most have been brainwashed into believing in the media version of love which does not exist which is why relationships and marriages are failing epicly.

Which media version of love? The version you find that states in order for your husband to love you, a woman needs to be a lady in the parlour and a * * * * * in the bedroom? Or the version of love that true love IS possible? The first doesn't exist, the second surely does, but is shot down by people who are commitment phobic and demean the virtue of marriage, devotion, and unselfishness.

Love is alive and well. Unfortunately most of the world doesn't appreciate it.

i agree with you. but what you've described is NOT love.

you've described attachment...and the insecurity that fuels that attachment.

you've suggested that ''love'' has been misrepresented by the media...and you're absolutely right. so...why have you deemed the idea of love as ''hopeless'' based on the fact that it doesn't adhere to the 'hollywood' ideal? it doesn't really make sense. i mean..i understand where you're coming from...but your argument is a bit incongruent. you know?

Yeah a mistake on my part forgive me i'm high or i wouldn't have made this thread, my definition of love is not just relationships you can love yourself, your pet, friends, nature etc... no relationship required whichever form of love make you happy this thread is just relates mostly to people you believe in hollywood style love(which is a lot). I would make more sense if i wasn't high sorry lol.

Well you lumped a whole bunch of things together. I agree that Hollywood love is probably not helping the people who watch it set realistic expectations. That doesn't mean that love doesn't exist in the real world. And people lie, cheat, and manipulate every where you go. I don't see how that means love doesn't exist either. And sure sometimes people get married for the wrong reasons... but people can end up doing a lot of other things for the wrong reasons too. And that doesn't mean that love doesn't exist either! What exactly happened to you to make you feel this way?

Which media version of love? The version you find that states in order for your husband to love you, a woman needs to be a lady in the parlour and a * * * * * in the bedroom? Or the version of love that true love IS possible? The first doesn't exist, the second surely does, but is shot down by people who are commitment phobic and demean the virtue of marriage, devotion, and unselfishness.

Love is alive and well. Unfortunately most of the world doesn't appreciate it.

Yes the first does not exist but the second does but remember you can also love yourself or whatever makes you happy no relationship required.

Yeah a mistake on my part forgive me i'm high or i wouldn't have made this thread, my definition of love is not just relationships you can love yourself, your pet, friends, nature etc... no relationship required whichever form of love make you happy this thread is just relates mostly to people you believe in hollywood style love(which is a lot). I would make more sense if i wasn't high sorry lol.

LOL. I see.

Love is subjective, which is why there are so many definitions. It can't be defined by words, it's just a really poor way of expressing the importance of a person/thing in your life.

I love spaghetti, and I love my best friend. Both true. It's just a word, if you and your partner communicate adequately with another (with words, feelings, gestures, body laguage etc.), then using this word (or not) wouldn't be an issue AT ALL.

Well you lumped a whole bunch of things together. I agree that Hollywood love is probably not helping the people who watch it set realistic expectations. That doesn't mean that love doesn't exist in the real world. And people lie, cheat, and manipulate every where you go. I don't see how that means love doesn't exist either. And sure sometimes people get married for the wrong reasons... but people can end up doing a lot of other things for the wrong reasons too. And that doesn't mean that love doesn't exist either! What exactly happened to you to make you feel this way?

Old chap i never said love didn't exist it does but in the 21st century the real version of love is overlooked and most sadly look at the media version of love, love is not just in relationships but loving yourself or whatever or whoever will make you happy that's love to me not the perfect relationship which does not exist and what a good portion of people pursue.

okay...so you're feeling reflective. i can appreciate that.

wasn't meant as an attack. apologies if it came accross that way. i think your frame of mind puts this into perspective. really though...this isn't something that someone can justify for you. it's a feeling...and a knowing. and someone telling you that it's this way or that way...that won't change what you believe for yourself.

so...maybe ask yourself this. what has lead you to your opinions of love? why do you trust that belief? is there any part of that belief that doesn't resonate with you? take the labels away...see love through YOUR OWN EYES. forget the mental filter that's been handed to you. experience it for yourself. there's no sense justifying something that doesn't resonate with your own experience.

Love is subjective, which is why there are so many definitions. It can't be defined by words, it's just a really poor way of expressing the importance of a person/thing in your life.

I love spaghetti, and I love my best friend. Both true. It's just a word, if you and your partner communicate adequately with another (with words, feelings, gestures, body laguage etc.), then using this word (or not) wouldn't be an issue AT ALL.

ha!!

i love you, yaz. hahahahaha

lol

okay...so you're feeling reflective. i can appreciate that.

wasn't meant as an attack. apologies if it came accross that way. i think your frame of mind puts this into perspective. really though...this isn't something that someone can justify for you. it's a feeling...and a knowing. and someone telling you that it's this way or that way...that won't change what you believe for yourself.

so...maybe ask yourself this. what has lead you to your opinions of love? why do you trust that belief? is there any part of that belief that doesn't resonate with you? take the labels away...see love through YOUR OWN EYES. forget the mental filter that's been handed to you. experience it for yourself. there's no sense justifying something that doesn't resonate with your own experience.

No friend it did not seem like you were attacking, i came to the conclusion after a break up with my ex(her bf broke up with her saturday) no i'm having a lot of lulz, she is giving me a lot of mixed signals which really annoy me and this lead me to the conclusion of how people always say things they don't mean. Now she says she doesn't love me at all lol i give up.

Old chap i never said love didn't exist it does but in the 21st century the real version of love is overlooked and most sadly look at the media version of love, love is not just in relationships but loving yourself or whatever or whoever will make you happy that's love to me not the perfect relationship which does not exist and what a good portion of people pursue.

OK, I am inclined to agree. You may not be the pessimist I pegged you as when I read your original post

Archived