Does this seem strange to you?

Madamdiva007

So, earlier today, I was sitting with my bf and he pulled up Craigslist because he wanted to show me something. When the front page came up, the link under the personals ad "women searching for men" was a dark blue, meaning that it had been clicked on. I asked my bf why he would be looking at that, and he said that it was nothing, that he clicked on it when he was job searching (he is indeed searching for a new job and he has been on Craigslist looking for one). There was no hesitation when he answered me, it seemed to be a pretty straighforwardnswer. It wasn't until later that I realized I had noticed earlier that morning that he had an email from Craigslist, when he had his email pulled up in front of me. It's a little strange because he isn't selling anything on Craigslist, so I don't know why they would be emailing him. I did ask him about it tonight, just asking if he had any new job interests from the site because I noticed the email, and he said no, just the 2 he's interviewing for this week. Then he went on to talk to me about those, didn't actually explain the email to me. Does this seem strange to any of you? I really don't know why he would be looking at the personals ads... Maybe he was just curious and didn't want to tell me that? He hasn't been acting strange in his behavior towards me, he's been super sweet and affectionate. He actually brought up us moving in together today, he told me when he wants to take that step, which is the first time he has ever given me a timeframe.

Thanks guys!

I do think it is rather odd that he would be searching for men... as if he was a women. I am completely perplexed. I kinda doubt he would be gay as well... he is with you and has no trouble showing you affection. Perhaps Bi?

I dont know, it just sounds weird - but he i am straight so i wouldnt really know.

Oh i just had this thought - far far out in left field. What do you think of an ''additional party'' in the bedroom? Kind of a big stretch there, but hey ive seen far more unusual things on this site that i care to mention.

Over analyzing is good and bad. It all depends on when you apply it. You're putting it into a bad use here. He explained it to you and then you still wonder. And even if you forget about it, you'll over analyze his other step and then another... Circle of wonder and potential drama that will never end. One day you might just as well find yourself wondering why did he tie his shoelaces in a different way.

If instead, you over analyzed recipe for a cake and took it to perfection. That would be an example of good use.

I do think it is rather odd that he would be searching for men...

''women searching for men'' usually refers to single ''women'' searching for ''men''. LoL. So that men who are interested in these women who are searching have this banner to click on and get redirected to a place where they find single women. Unless the ad was designed in somewhat strange manner this time.

It may not be anything. I know that from time to time, I've been reading something in the paper on the same page as the personal columns, and I've actually read them, not because I've been looking for someone, but out of curiosity, and nearly every time, I would feel pretty disgusted because there are so many adds of men stipulating slim women only need apply (btw, I am slim, but that's beside the point). I could be wrong, but you may be overanalysing.

It may not be anything. I know that from time to time, I've been reading something in the paper on the same page as the personal columns, and I've actually read them, not because I've been looking for someone, but out of curiosity, and nearly every time, I would feel pretty disgusted because there are so many adds of men stipulating slim women only need apply (btw, I am slim, but that's beside the point). I could be wrong, but you may be overanalysing.

Worse is the ads on craigslist for 'free home' to women. Rent paid daily. Pretty obvious what im getting at. I would laugh so hard if those @#$%% actually got a response in the positive.

Yeah, I guess its just the fact that he actually had clicked on the page, meaning he had to have had some sort of intention to look.

Archived