Fake Online Relationship (some explicit text)

Hunter1988

Hey everyone so I've had a VERY messed up experience this past year. I don't even know where to begin... hmmm I guess I'll try to make the preface as short as possible.

I met this girl on myspace 5 years ago (first mistake, lol, I just couldn't help myself). I was sort of an amateur when it came to women in highschool and she appeared to be this very good looking girl who lived in Florida and was interested in me. We would talk on AIM and send little posts to each other late at night when we were bored. It was the funniest cute little friendship. Back then it wasn't anything more than two bored kids chatting with each other. I was still very much immature and all I wanted to do was party and hook up with girls. lol, I know. I was a dirtbag kid. My highschool gave me the superlative "life of the party" Anyway, we continually chatted back and forth to each other for the next 2-3 years whenever I went online. Eventually her boyfriend at the time got very jealous of me and she was forced to stop talking with me. A year went by, didn't think much of it because I was having such an awesome time up in college. haha. Then one day she sends a mass message to everyone on myspace saying she has a facebook now. So ofcourse, I decided to check it out and friend her. We started sending messages back and forth to each other and we eventually exchanged numbers.

Well, one night I decided to go out with my friends. We got REALLY messed up. I'm saying, happy hour, then another happy hour, then to a local * * * * ty strip club (which I don't go to, too often! I'm a nice guy but I'm really wild when I drink with my friends, lol) Anyway, she calls me up and after 4 years, I finally hear her voice! She sounded so beautiful and she had the cutest little voice. What a personality on her. I think she laughed her ass off during the entire phone conversation because i was so plastered and there was so much going on around me. Like strippers doing somersaults onto unsuspecting customers and stuff like that. LOL, sorry I'm getting off track. It was crazy. Anyway, we spoke for about 10 minutes, blew her a kiss, and disconnected. The very next day she calls me up again and asks how my night was. We immediately start to hit it off. She was obviously very sexual when we first started talking because she would always tell me about things she wanted to do that she had never done before. That IMMEDIATELY caught my interest. I knew she was the one from the beginning! lol. But it wasn't just that about this girl, she had so much depth and beauty. When she spoke and giggled on the phone, it would absolutely make your heart melt like butta! I couldn't resist the urge of talking to her. About a week later she told me some devastating news. She told me her dad died last year, and her mom had cancer and was currently going in for treatments. My heart went out to her. She sometimes would call me up crying saying she didn't have anybody in her life except for her mom who really loved her. And that her mom would soon be leaving this earth too. I told her that it was okay. I would be there for her, and if she wanted, I would drive up to her city in a heartbeat and take care of her and her mom.

She quickly grew feelings for me. She would write cute comments on my wall about how she was looking forward to talking to me later. One day we had phone sex and it was pretty amazing. First time I had ever done something like that and it was verryyyy interesting, to say the least. lol. I think after that moment she was so emotionally connected to me that she started writing stuff on her status how irresistible I was and how she met the greatest guy ever. She was totally in love with me. It was clear. I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't feeling the same...

Well, like in every good relationship when things get too comfortable all of the ugly stuff begins to show its face. I started getting really drunk on the weekends (cause it was my last semester of college) and I would leave her voicemails like, "Why haven't we EVER met yet, are you afraid of me?" And she would have an excuse like, "I would but my mom is really sick. I can't leave her in the house alone." Then I would tell her, "Don't worry about it, I'll come up and take care of you and your mom. I'd love to help out!! We can just watch tv together and cuddle, lol" I remember driving to her city a couple times and telling her I was in town. This is when I first started getting suspicious about her because she would always say that she was doing something.

"My mom fell down and bumped her head, I had to take her to the ER! I'm so sorry" then the next time I was in town for Gasparilla she said that she was at a wedding. HOW IS IT that this girl is ALWAYS busy when I'm in town but has the hour of free time to sit on her phone and talk to me?? It was getting very suspicious.

I remember asking her if she could just send me a video of herself. I've seen pictures of her, and she has about 40 of them all of the same girl (pretty legit) but I wanted to see her talk. Just as sort of a validation that she was actually who she is posing to be. She would always say, "YOU KNOW WHAT! I don't need to prove to you that I'm real. My mom is dying and all you can think of is yourself!" Then I would get drunk that same night and call her a shady * * * * * , bla bla bla. (I know, I shouldn't have said stuff like that, but my drunk self has no filter). Next day I apologized and we worked things out. A couple weeks later, I tried asking her again. Then she would get defensive again. Each time I asked, she pushed me further and further away from her. It eventually got to the point where my suspicion was SO HIGH that I cyber stalked one of her ex boyfriends who would leave her comments here and there and found that she was flirting with him on his wall. It looked as though they had been seeing each other in person. I got so pissed off and accused her of seeing this other guy while I had been trying SO HARD to see her and take care of her family. She denied everything! Said I was a f***ing * * * * * * * and never wanted to talk to me again. We didn't talk for a couple weeks. She unfriended me on facebook and I deleted everything I had on my computer that reminded me of her. She left me a voicemail one day crying saying she wanted to still be my friend. It killed me to hear her like that, temptation kicked in, so I called her back and we made up.

She was still pretty distant. I tried acting like everything was ok and would text her paragraphs of things. But things just weren't the same. She texted me back one word responses. I'd leave her voice mails and she wouldn't get back to me until the day had passed. Obviously my drinking didn't help the situation. I repeated the same old pattern as before. My resentment towards her actions had caused me to blirt out every bad feeling I could have said over 2 a.m. voice mails. She said I was emotionally abusive and didn't want to be my friend anymore.

I sent her text when I sobered up saying "I think I have a drinking problem. I'm sorry that I say such harsh words to you. I don't mean to. I've never laid a hand on a woman in my entire life and I know I never would. Because my dad never abused my mom. I'm such a nice guy when I'm sober but when I drink I guess these bottled up emotions come out and I take it out on you. I don't want to hurt your feelings anymore. Maybe it's best if we stop talking. I really loved being your friend. Maybe when things aren't so crazy we can try again. Goodbye baby."

She told me to leave! "get out of my life! I hate you! I never want to hear from you again" So I deleted her on facebook, blocked her, deleted everything once again that reminded me of her and began the healing process. Not even a couple days later, I got a message from her best friend saying that her mom had 24 hours to live. Obviously this changed everything! I called her like 20 times and left about 6 voicemails asking where she was. "Is your mom okay? Where are you? I'll drive up right now!" She didn't respond. Me and her friend were in close contact for those couple of days when I eventually found out that her mom had passed away. I felt SO upset that I left her at the worst possible time. When she needed me the most, I couldn't be there for her. I felt so mad at myself. The pain was unreal. NONE of her friends would tell me where she was. They were * * * * ing useless. Stupid idiots. I can't believe nobody would help me locate her. I know we had a pretty big fight, but that doesn't effing matter. When something like this happens, you put all blame aside and you comfort them.

A month went by and I finally started to get over her and my guilt for not being there. Her friend one day messaged me saying, "(name) got engaged!!" and then there was a picture of her hand with a ring on it. I was like, " * * * , are you serious?"

number 1: why the hell is she getting engaged? It's been less than a month since she was over me and now she's getting married???

number 2: why the hell is her friend telling me this for in an excited manner...like I'm supposed to be happy that she's getting married to some other loser.

number 3: who the hell would propose to her in less than a month. That guy must be a f'ing idiot.

Anyway, those were the thoughts rushing through my head. Eventually, I sent her a text asking, "you got engaged??" she wrote me back, "Might as well, nobody else cares about me. They're all fake and talk * * * * behind my back". Apparently she got an assumption that I was talking * * * * about her on facebook from one of my friends. When I asked who told her that, she wouldn't give a name.

Let me tell you something... I might have done some LOW things, but I would NEVER publicly talk trash about this girl. EVER! She just lost her mom, and she has no one (apparently). How low of a piece of * * * * would I be to talk trash about her. I never did! I told her this and she told me how she didn't want to be on this planet anymore. She just wanted it all to end. Nobody loved her. I texted her, "don't you realize I love you? Always have." she told me how she loved me too. Eventually I found out that this guy had proposed to her one night when they were both drunk, even bought the ring that night, but then took it back from her the next day. lol. what a * * * * ing idiot. How dare you get that girl's hopes up and take it back. That guy is a piece of * * * * . Anyway, we started talking again and all was good. It was almost like back to when we were first talking. But then I started getting a little frisky and wanted to try having a little phone sex again. She never seemed like she was in the mood. I sent her way more voicemails/texts to her then she sent to me. I always seemed like I was putting my all into this "relationship" and she never put anything into it. She would just get really drunk and be on pain meds that were prescribed to her. I started worrying about her health cause she was going out all the time. I was afraid some guys were going to take advantage of her. She told me, "I'll call you later" and never did. She always told me she was going out with some girlfriends (I would hear guys in the background all the time). One day she said she would call me back, never did, was so * * * * ed up that when I called her, she barely paid attention to me. I heard these guys in the background say "Hey, you wanna ride with us?" and she goes, " * * * * YEAHHH!" while she was on the phone with me. Then I told her to be careful and call me later. I said something else and she hung up on me.

Needless to say I got pretty effed up that night and texted/voicemailed her some REALLY bad stuff to her the next day. Calling her a * * * * / * * * * * / * * * * * . Said some really dirty stuff. She got so mad at me that she sounded pretty serious and said she was done with me. A week later we spoke here and there, then I asked her if she could just send me a little 2 second video of herself. I just didn't believe she was who she said she was anymore. She seemed so different. Eventually she said she went on 3 dates last week after what I said and found a really great guy. She woke up next to him this morning. She said I was cruel, emotionally abusive and needed help. I tried being nice to her, but when she said all that and said she was blocking my phone number I was like, WOW, you must be desperate, lol, * * * * ttttt! and that was the very last text message i sent to her.

Ofcourse I felt bad!! But I felt so played and used. This girl never even TRIED to see me! I'm pretty much going with the assumption that she's a real person, but she's probably like a middle aged divorced woman who MAYBE was going through the loss of her mom. She was probably afraid of seeing me because she wasn't who she said she was. At this point, I would never ever get back with her unless she actually showed me she was real. Then I would be MORE than willing to fix my angry drunk habits for her. Maybe see an alcohol counselor or anger management advisor as well. What's your take on this situation? lol. I need some other input on what you think happened, or what you think her story is. Thank you so much!

Or, she's a 55-year old computer geek living in his mothers basement who is really good at voices.
Ha I agree! Have you seen the movie/ documentary Catfish? If not you definitely need to watch it immediately. It might lend a little insight to this situation. I admit I am cynical but I would have to say that she does not exist and could very well be anywhere from a 50 year old man to a 16 year old teenage boy.
Ha I agree! Have you seen the movie/ documentary Catfish? If not you definitely need to watch it immediately. It might lend a little insight to this situation. I admit I am cynical but I would have to say that she does not exist and could very well be anywhere from a 50 year old man to a 16 year old teenage boy.

hahaha, I think about it all the time dude!! I'm like, "damn, what if I had phone sex with an old man?" lol, reminds me of Hangover 2! I definitely gotta see that Catfish movie. Some of my friends told me it's like the same * * * * . I'm on it!

hahaha, I think about it all the time dude!! I'm like, "damn, what if I had phone sex with an old man?" lol, reminds me of Hangover 2! I definitely gotta see that Catfish movie. Some of my friends told me it's like the same * * * * . I'm on it!

This is exactly wy the internet gods gave us video chat services like Skype

Wow...I just think you should leave it be and don't contact eachother. Who cares if she's an old woman who's faking her identity online. I don't even think she wants to be with you..its an endless cycle of you getting drunk and swearing at her and apologizing after. I can't blame her for getting upset. You've drunk texted and called one time too many. No woman ever wants to deal with that. Leave her be and please get some help with your drinking

Trust me. I've tried to get her to skype. She's like, "What's that?" Maybe I'll put it on later. And then avoids the topic. It's all very frustrating.

From how many pictures she has of herself (that represent the exact same girl in different time periods. She even has a picture of her as a little girl next to her horse), and from her girly voice (no deepness, word usage, acts very much like a girl) she doesn't seem to be a man. But then again, I'm open to any ideas. At this point, I wouldn't even count out the 55 yr old computer geek. LOL, fml

Lets see, online relationship being fake? Hmm.. any online relationship is fake, it's either real or it's not. Period. And as for your drinking habits, do yourself a favor and fix them for yourself.

And just a personal remark, through the whole story there's a lot of stuff which neutral observer doesn't need to know, but it's understandable that you want to masturbate your ego over it or hopelessly try to justify your action by mentioning them. You don't need approval of others, ok?

Its very easy for someone to go to another persons profile and copy all their pictures and use them as their own. Possibly she could be also using her daughters pics as well. You should ask her to send you a pic on cell phone or you could just find out where she lives and don't tell her you are coming and see who answers the door and ask for such and such

Lol, yah I showed up A third time at her "aunt's" front door step which I failed to mention in the story which is a big part of it. Nobody answered but I heard her 2 dogs. I recognized their barks from the phone. Lol. I said hi from the other side. When I texted and ask what she was doing she said she was at te beach which was far away. I think I'm gonna follow Brittany spears girl's advice and let her be. As far as the guy above this comment goes. I felt it necessaty to mention those things because it revealed what type of character I was. It gave you better insight on who I was. I didnt want you to get any inaccurate connotation's and think I'm just a nice guy. I realize I have problems. But I'm attacking them day by day. Thanks for the blunt truth. I'll take it into consideration next time.

She's an amazing girl. At one time I felt so in love with her that nothing and nobody else mattered. I soon realized that I shouldn't have made her the center of my life, because we still hadn't met yet. It was because of my insecurity, jealousy, and neediness that we failed. Your right, I can blame her all I want but I need to take responsibility for myself. We cannot control others, but we can most certainly control ourselves. Even if she was fake, you should never treat someone as disrespecful as I treated her when I was * * * * faced drunk. She didn't deserve that. I really do hope she finds happiness somewhere. It kills me to know I have diminished hope in her. Back when we were close she used to tell me I gave her hope. Nowadays all I ever do is upset her. Clearly I have problems. But I promise myself that I will come out of this being a better man than I ever was. I only hope that she finds happiness again. I'm going to let her go for good. And if she calls again, I'm not going to pick up. She's better off without me.

Archived