Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

I am wondering how they are going to get all the salt out of the nuclear reactors now that they have been deluged with sea water. Water evaporates and contains no salt so now that salt is all concentrated on the reactor cores. Then you will have corrosion and the chance of radiation leakage,yet again.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey UMA,

I think more than heroic, I am not sure he sees himself as that, but he sees himself as being able to contribute to the world with the skill set that he has where he seems comfortable. He LOVES structure,order, and being able to count on certain things always having an order. In the civilian world he is very unhappy and feels extremely out of balance. He feels in this way he can bring freedom to those people who want it.

As for me?? Heroic I am not sure.......lol. I spend most of the time afraid.

Good to have some amounts of patience. I have a lot of dedication, perserverance and ambition/passion, but lacking on the patience side. I don't mind not being at my goal if the play is in my hands, but I cannot stand it when it is in someone else's hands. I always need to be in control I guess.

Exactly. I'm such a career-oriented person myself and so is P. We haven't yet had to change cities or do any major decisions related to careers in regards to going our separate ways. I don't even really want to think about it.

I think some people are born with patience and some people have to learn it. I know I have far more than I had years ago. It also depends on the person's value to me. If I care about them and they mean a lot to me I have lots of patience, like for my son, it is endless. Grown ups I have a little less. Some people I have no patience for.

I showed my husband a link for an inhouse treatment programme for PTSD that OHIP pays for. And he says " oh, well if I ever have that the military will deal with it, thanks for looking though." He is really dim today. Then I said, " oh yes I forgot, the world is about you, you are right I looked that up just for you dear, in case."](*,)

Vic,

Obviously, you need to be direct "Honey, I was looking at this program, and I think I could really benefit from it. It would mean a lot to me, if you would be willing to be supportive of my pursuing this to see if it's an option for me."

Tell him what you want/need from him. Don't waste your energy being hurt or angry because he doesn't see what seems obvious to you. Just be direct.

Going into menopause is truly starting to SUCK. I am certain now that I am there. I am getting my period about every 20 days where as before it was about every 30. I am forever tired and I get the occasional hot flash. My moods well......let's not even go there.

Can we say a little bitter?

I am SOOOOOOOOO bitter about never having another child, and the fact that the possibility of it is forever going away. I am bitter about being tired and I am bitter about having a nasty temper sometimes because my hormones are ALL over the place. I remember when my mother hit menopause it was she became Mr Hyde, that is how bad the transformation was. A woman I worked with also when she went into menopause you virtually could not talk to her for an entire year because even if you said hi she literally wanted to tear your throat out. This is not me. I feel like an alien in my own body. OMG I am trapped.

What makes me more resentful is my mother is always on about getting medication for it,like hormone replacement. I know she wants me to feel better but I do not think there is a "happy pill" for every occasion. I know she comes from a generation who believes everything the dr tells them and all you need is a pill to fix you up. I get she wants that for HER life. I do not. If only she could GET that. She wants me to put my son back on medication, she brings it up every time I talk to her. It makes me not want to pick up the phone to call her or have her call me. I have already told her I am NOT medicating my son because SHE feels he should be.Repeat after me " He is not your son, he is MY son." Thank you. I am NOT medicating myself because SHE could not make it through menopause without HRT.

You're his mom. Only you know what's best for him.

You wouldn't want to become a foster mom? How about even short term? They need a safe home for the child to spend the first few nights after being removed from a bad situation, until they can find a long term solution. I always thought that you feel really rewarding. Being there for a child when they really need a haven. You would probably be awesome with a kid like that.

On a happy note I was at the gym yesterday, it is slow going but I guess that is all my knee can take at this point. Slow and gentle and I will get there.

I can not wait for warmer weather. I want to open the windows and smell the breeze ans sigh with happiness in the sunshine.

You're his mom. Only you know what's best for him.

You wouldn't want to become a foster mom? How about even short term? They need a safe home for the child to spend the first few nights after being removed from a bad situation, until they can find a long term solution. I always thought that you feel really rewarding. Being there for a child when they really need a haven. You would probably be awesome with a kid like that.

I would UMA but living on base my husband signed a contract that only we live in the home and it is a very small place. If I was at my own house I would. I have my own home back home though still but it is rented out.

You are right I am his mother, not my mom. She saw him every single day of his life for 13 years so she is very close to him, plus she looked after him when I was at work since he was 14 months until he went to school and before and after school while I was at work. I think she feels over invested?

It makes sense that I menopause is why I have been ENDLESSLY tired. It feels like I could sleep forever, all day every day. Sometimes people say there is no way the body and mind can get so messed up by hormones. I am here to tell you it can. I feel like an alien.

Niftty, his sister is coming next weekend. Then his parents will start the weekend trips up. I think we are their new vacation spot away from the drudgery of every day life. They used to drive up to Georgian Bay, now they are getting too old. My mother in law mentioned all the beautiful land up our way......code for my butt will be coming to see you this summer.Gah......They came so often last summer that my family could not even come which made me angry. They came so often I felt like I was being smothered. They do not even wait for an invite, they invite themselves. It is SO annoying. I can not even tell you how annoying these people are to me, they are like a thousand ticks burrowing under your skin for 22 years.

Archived