Life in the Driver's Seat

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I went and saw my girlfriend D. She lives out in the country in the middle of nowhere. We sat in her backyard and just listened to the wind and sat in the swing observing the sunshine. And she talked to me about her life as a naturist. I felt so relaxed after sitting in the sun for a few hours.

Cpl. Cirillo's body will be passing our base on his way back home to Hamilton. He will be traveling the Highway of Heros . We will be out there with our massive Canada flag and my husband said he is wearing his dress uniform. He has challenged all his buddies to do the same. Respect and strength. They are no longer allowed to be in uniform in public for unnecessary reasons but he's willing to defy that to stand in respect and for the sake of a fallen brother. I will be there at his side holding my half of our flag.

Cpl. Cirillo's body will be passing our base on his way back home to Hamilton. He will be traveling the Highway of Heros . We will be out there with our massive Canada flag and my husband said he is wearing his dress uniform. He has challenged all his buddies to do the same. Respect and strength. They are no longer allowed to be in uniform in public for unnecessary reasons but he's willing to defy that to stand in respect and for the sake of a fallen brother. I will be there at his side holding my half of our flag.

Good for you guys! This made me smile today..

I think it's sad that they are not allowed to wear the uniform now

The more I hear about the character and life of Cpl Cirillo, the sadder I get. He sounded like such a wonderful person, it's such a shame

You two sound like such a power couple. I'm sure your a massive asset to your community. No wonder your son has a good sense of self worth.

Wow, I never thought of us that way but, thank you. You are such a sweetie.

Good for you guys! This made me smile today..

I think it's sad that they are not allowed to wear the uniform now

The more I hear about the character and life of Cpl Cirillo, the sadder I get. He sounded like such a wonderful person, it's such a shame

Well they are not allowed to wear it just to stop to get gas or go to the grocery store or things like that. But my husband said if he gets charged and has to pay a fine so be it he will support a fallen brother. He is also bringing out his Glengary with the King's Cap Badge. The King's Cap Badge is quite rare because they are from King George VI reign. The new Badges are the Queen's Cap Badge.

My husband used to be an Argyll and Sutherland Highlander.

We went to the overpass today to give our respects. There were some fellows in their uniform but my husband was the only one in his dress uniform. There was a really overwhelming show of support so many people came out. It was amazing and overwhelming. So many Canadian flags. All the local papers ,the reporters asked my husband for an interview which he politely declined and asked for them to call the base PAF O. They did however take our picture. Even the reporter for the community college paper.

It was a very exhausting day and I had a brutal migraine.

That migraine yesterday was brutal. It only went after a vanilla shake. I tried all kinds of medication. None worked but the ice cream did. The trick is to drink it super fast. You can actually feel the brain freeze hit the migraine. Then I realize how exhausted I was and slept for 3 hours. Then was awake for 3 hours and then slept the rest of the night.

I am laying here watching R sleep. He worked nights last night. I love the honour and bravery of this man. My son is still asleep. The house is silent. Lovely.

I am so pumped about choir practice today! Advent season is coming three more weeks. And it is my birthday in two more weeks. Can't say I'm stoked about being 48 though... Lol

I love teaching Sunday school to the kids during Advent. The excitement, the mystery and wonder, the beauty of it all!

Oh - and I am ten years ahead of you in age. 48 is pretty good and 58 is not so bad! Ever since I had cancer, I decided to celebrate each year of blessed life!

I love teaching Sunday school to the kids during Advent. The excitement, the mystery and wonder, the beauty of it all!

Oh - and I am ten years ahead of you in age. 48 is pretty good and 58 is not so bad! Ever since I had cancer, I decided to celebrate each year of blessed life!

I LOVE Advent too!

Yeah I guess 48 is not too bad.

Okay some freaking perv tried to sexually assault my 14-year-old neice! ( she is my step sister's oldest daughter the one who was born on my birthday) Apparently this perv who lives in their neighborhood has been previously scoping her out on Facebook. He has been buttering her up and trying to prime her for an assault I guess. Her mother monitors her conversations and at first they were just general stuff like what are you going to do for your school holidays blah blah. And he was pretending that he was a teenage girl. But then stuff got sexual and her mother shut that down. Then today he walked up to her and whispered in her ear how would you like to have sex for money. It makes me SICK!!! My step sister called the police . The police have the Facebook evidence and they are trying to build a case against the guy. Unfortunately my niece has a disability where she can't even remember what happened a few minutes ago let alone a day ago. So the police told my stepsister if she has the evidence to prove that her daughter is disabled she can help represent her.