Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the procedure goes fine for your niece and they give her plenty of pain relief,mop or darling.

Yeah hopefully it goes easy for her poor little thing. That is two of my nieces in the last little while but I have had operations. My other niece had her ear and part of her skull replaced.

Hope so too-

Are you able to eat puréed things like apple sauce and soups?

Yes ,that would be great! Solid things at the moment are making me choke. But liquids no problem. Purées should be good too. I know this will come to an end because it has before and I can see you know the light at the end of the tunnel I don't feel hopeless and I have skills so I know it'll come to an end it's just a matter of when. But yes purées are a great idea.

My breathing hasn't been working which always worked before. But however mild pain has been working. So what I do is I dig my fingernails as hard as I can into my arm for about a minute and that usually stops the panic. That usually brings clarity pretty quick.

Today Malala won the Nobel peace prize along with a cowinner! It brought tears to my eyes what these two brave people have accomplished.

I was watching her make her speech. She's accomplished so much at such a young age. Her family must be so proud. She even went to school after she heard she won!

Hope you have a good time at your Mum's!

Good for you. One less thing to worry about.

This is true!

Last night my mom and I were up till 2 o'clock in the morning talking. She said something really strange, she said when you were little you always hated being little from the time you could really tell anybody about it. I said I know I despise being little ,always. I said ,I wanted to control things. She said ,I know you always wanted to from the time you could talk. But why? And I said ,because I didn't trust anybody to do anything right. And she said but I looked after your life when you were little. And I said but obviously I didn't trust even you to do it do it right. And she said ,yeah I guess you didn't. I said I guess you giving me to my grandparents to live with when I was a little baby affected me more than you thought. She said ,yeah but I lived in the orphanage and had to get over it. I said people have different emotional abilities and instabilities from the second they are born. Don't forget my father's family has a lot of genetic mental health instability. And I am genetically related to these people.

Don't you want to keep a part of it as a wedding memento?

No, it just takes space in my closet. I will never have a need for it. It will just be rotting material. I have many pics of it and a video. Besides if it brings any measure of anything to a grieving parent I would rather that then rotting in a closet.

aww, that is really nice of you Vic. Yeah, it's not like your son will want to wear it one day, haha! I've heard about the baby funeral gowns and I think it's a really nice idea.

Yeah ,it's not really like my son is going to wear it or if he has a wife that she's going to wear it you know? And it's not like I'm going to value my wedding day more or my marriage more because I have a dress from 20 years ago. You are right it is just a really wonderful idea.

Maybe the woman can send me a picture of the gowns she made from it.

I love the idea of donating an old wedding gown to that cause. I'm sure it brings a lot of comfort to grieving parents. If I get married someday and wear a traditional dress, I would do that. My mom still has her dress collecting dust. I wonder what she would think of donating it.

Sent via Tapatalk

Archived