Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

^^ Aww. I've gotten lots of baby cuddles lately too. Feels great. Hard not to love a baby, like, instantly. lol.

For sure !I'm just overwhelmed with adoration and love for any baby. Just love baby anything period. I am just so happy to work where I'm appreciated. All the people really seem to like me a lot and appreciate me. And it is doing something I really love and I am very good at. I am very very good with kids and always have been. So I could not have lucked out better. There's only one person there who drives me kind of crazy. She's a nice enough lady but she has to criticize all the skills of all the kids. So today I told her in a kind enough but pretty direct way that children develop on their own time plan and there's a wide variable of what is normal. She backed down right away.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet, well done. That's so great, Vic. I'm so happy you found a place where you can really use all the special talents you've got. Sounds like a really good fit for you there.

Thank you!! I really needed that boost of finding somewhere where I was really appreciated.

Have you ever spent every day of your life tired? I wake up tired I go to bed tired. It has been that way every day of my life since I was a teenager. Every day I am just racked with exhaustion before I even get out of bed. And every year that goes by the exhaustion is worse. I just have to cry because I'm so tired. God help me. My body is just so torn up by living a life on adrenaline of the flight and fight response there's just nothing left.

I think I know exactly what is behind my mother-in-law's constant efforts to cut me up and bring me down. She is incredibly insecure. She is insecure of the fact that her son loves her. She left him to hang out to dry so many times and let his dad pick on him that she's unsure that her son loves her. She knows she failed him. It is guilt. And they're both so jealous because they obviously know he loves me.

I hate to tell you this woman but I am going to win. And I don't even have to do anything. And the reason I'm going to win is because of time. You are going to die long before I will.

You have never been able to get rid of me in almost 26 years and you never will. I am his wife and the mother of his sons.

Yeah speaking of...TMI, lol - But how do you get the stains out? I can never really get the stain out.

I soak everything in cold water first until most of the blood comes out. Hot water just seems to set the proteins in the blood. And I use a stain lifter.

I know everyone likes to wash in hot water when it comes to blood soiled stuff and other sanitary disasters but you are right Vic. Cold wash, at least as a pre soak, is best. This is what I do.

I've gotten blood on my scrubs a bunch and I have to get that out and cold works well. I use a Tide stain remover but that's just me.

Cat urine is the worst. Blood is nothing compared to that urine smell. To get that out, you need to buy specific enzyme wash. The enzymes specifically break down urea.

I'm so glad my one cat stopped that bad habit a year ago because I really pulled out my hair trying to get rid of the smell. Which I did

Sent from Tapatalk

I know everyone likes to wash in hot water when it comes to blood soiled stuff and other sanitary disasters but you are right Vic. Cold wash, at least as a pre soak, is best. This is what I do.

I've gotten blood on my scrubs a bunch and I have to get that out and cold works well. I use a Tide stain remover but that's just me.

Cat urine is the worst. Blood is nothing compared to that urine smell. To get that out, you need to buy specific enzyme wash. The enzymes specifically break down urea.

I'm so glad my one cat stopped that bad habit a year ago because I really pulled out my hair trying to get rid of the smell. Which I did

Sent from Tapatalk

My homemade laundry detergent did a outstanding job at getting rid of blood and I mean outstanding! Wow.

My mother always said even from when I was little I was horrified of having any medical interventions. Even to this day she says I just don't know where you get that from. Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh yeah Riiiiiiight. This is the same woman who when I was 13 or 14 had to threaten her with the fact that I would never talk to her again if she didn't go to the hospital. She was literally bleeding to death and would not go. My father had to throw her over his shoulder and drag her screaming to the car. And this is only one instance.

No, I really don't know where I get that affliction from. * rolls eyes*

Gf you were a MESS. You looked okay from the outside, but inside, that was a completely different story. You were still putting your life in jeopardy. WHAT were you thinking? You were just all sorts of angry. You lied to yourself and everyone. Mostly to yourself. Your 20s AND 30s were about self-destruction .It is so strange to be able to look at myself from my perspective that is not angry. I can totally see the difference. What ever possessed you to do those things? Well I do know... I guess I'm just incredulous. For two decades you were just tied up in your own self-destruction. Wow. You and I are like night and day now. She is the waning moon and I am the bright sun.

This is probably the biggest thing that has happened in my life to be of benefit. We entered into therapy in September 2012 with the goal of removing the filter through which I saw everything. Everything was examined through a filter of anger, anxiety and fear. I didn't know how to break that filter. I didn't know how to adjust my perceptions. We have reached our goal. Yes, we have smashed the angry filter.

Hi Vic, glad the detergent worked out for you. I ran out the other day and haven't had time yet to make up another batch so I bought some laundry powder, and it seems like such a waste, and not good for my clothes. I will check out your link.

Oh I can't imagine how it must be living in such a cold climate. We have been having sunny days, mostly around 32 degrees Celsius.

Sent from my iPad using link removed

Hi Vic, glad the detergent worked out for you. I ran out the other day and haven't had time yet to make up another batch so I bought some laundry powder, and it seems like such a waste, and not good for my clothes. I will check out your link.

Oh I can't imagine how it must be living in such a cold climate. We have been having sunny days, mostly around 32 degrees Celsius.

Sent from my iPad using link removed

It is an extremely easy recipe!! I mean literally minutes .

We are used to cold. It has been ridiculous this year though. Mind you I hate heat more than cold.

Archived