Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

Take it easy today vic!

It is cold and pouring rain here, I'll trade you so you guys can thaw out a bit.

I am. The biggest thing I'm planning on today is a bath...lol.

Yeah we really need to thaw out for about five days in a row!! As long as we are able to get that ice off the driveway it's all good. The coming weekend is supposed to be +2 though!! As long as we get rid of this arctic vortex because it's crazy cold.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thinking of you. Hoping you are feeling better soon.

Nothing better around this time of year (especially this one!) than to cuddle in for the night!!

As of right now my migraine is gone so I will take it!!! I figure another few days and I should be good as new. And then this weekend is supposed to be zero and +5 and rain . It should be at zero for almost 4 days so we should be able to get that ice up.

Vic, did you ever see a doc after you hit your head? Be sure to go to the doc if your headache continues...

Thinking of you...

No ,I didn't go to the doctor LUM. I didn't really have any indications of a head injury. I was walking and talking and making sense ,I remembered everything. My pupils were equal and reactive. The strength tests in my arms were equal. Now the part where I hit my head stop hurting as of yesterday. I know that's not a failsafe that you don't have a head injury but all the initial test say no. I have had a concussion before and this doesn't feel like that. I have the migraine because I have a sore neck. And I can get migraines from stress too. Plus from being in pain I had very little sleep so that can also cause one. If I feel any worse though I will go.

Those are a lot of courses you downloaded! You are going to be a true scholar!

I am not familiar with iTunes-U: do you have to pay for the courses?

ITunes U is an app for iPhone and iPad and iPod. No you don't pay for the courses that I downloaded. You don't get credit for them obviously but even listening to them is great.

Man you sure feel those falls the older you get. Bleh. I got up to go to the washroom but I feel a little more limber this morning. Last night I slept much better. So even though I woke up before 6 o'clock this morning I was in bed almost the entire day and fell asleep by around 930 last night. So just a few leftover stiff muscles today. I will nurse the body for another day and then I should be good.

I don't know if I was crazy before or now. Now if I have physical ailments or get hurt I tend to nurse my body far more than I used to. Before I would've gone to work or done anything I had to do if I had a hatchet in my head and was set on fire. Now I'm like ah screw that! I think that's another bad habit I got from my mother. She would work and do anything she had to do even at death's door. I guess because most of the time she had to. But then for her it just became an indicator of what "toughness" was. However now in her 60's she's paying dearly for that philosophy. Yeah I don't want to follow her into that. She had/has some bizarre ideas about what is " weak." And if I am weak who gives a crap. At least I will still be living.

Today my mother told me about three other rings that had gone missing before the one that she noticed most of all was stolen by my foster sister. She said at the time that she just brushed it off because she thought she put them away and couldn't find them. But after her most loved ring of all ever went missing that's when she couldn't deny that things were disappearing. And then two days after my mom's most special ring disappeared they found her engagement ring and something else in my foster sister's pocket. As a lot of you know that was sometime last year. So that's four rings of my mother's that she stole and WON'T own up to.

Then this morning she said to my mother "oh Nana I had the most wonderful dream last night. I had a dream that you found your special cameo ring and you had to tell me you were sorry." And my mother said "yeah well funny but that's only a dream spectacular as you like to think it is it's not going to happen so keep dreaming. I am not ever going to tell you that I am sorry for something that YOU stole. And why do you have to bring it up to rub it in my face?"

Archived