Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you get power soon! Stay bundled up in your beds this morning. Do you have a gas fireplace? If so, you can keep warm with that.

My kids and I like to play board games and cards when the power goes out. In some ways it is nice because my sons are forced to socialize the old fashioned way- unconnected!

I also get the camp stove out and go outside to heat up water, since my stove is electric in my kitchen.

Fortunately I can charge my phone up with the car charger.

Stay warm and safe and I hope the roads become safe for your travels soon.

Hope you get power soon! Stay bundled up in your beds this morning. Do you have a gas fireplace? If so, you can keep warm with that.

My kids and I like to play board games and cards when the power goes out. In some ways it is nice because my sons are forced to socialize the old fashioned way- unconnected!

I also get the camp stove out and go outside to heat up water, since my stove is electric in my kitchen.

Fortunately I can charge my phone up with the car charger.

Stay warm and safe and I hope the roads become safe for your travels soon.

Hey LUM,no we don't have fireplaces. I live on base and our houses are like 70 years old. They are wartime houses and were all built substandard. We are also not allowed any other form of heating other than the furnace. So no portable heaters ,no generators nothing like that it's in our contract for living here.

But our power coming back on means that we can go back home for Christmas!!!!!! Thank you God for sparing us too much misery! I will continue to pray for those poor people without power. I think it's about 600,000 people without power in Quebec and Ontario. And it is now headed further east so those people can be prepared for the same.

We managed to chisel our van out so we can go to church later and leave tomorrow. There was about 4 inches of ice on it. But my husband had used his army shelter half to wrap the front windshield so wasn't too bad. That kept the front windshield and the door locks from being too bad.

I am glad you are all safe and sound! Stay warm!

Thanks Sherry! I had a little bit of doubt there last night in the middle of the night and started to cry because I thought I might not be able to go home. I woke up at about three in the morning and didn't go back to sleep till about 530 and then I woke up again just after 830.

My brother has no power and his house is flooding. My neices are being brought to my mother's. My inlaws are still in the dark. They are refusing to leave their home. My husband is trying to talk them into leaving. They refuse to leave . They said they can not get out the drive way because of downed trees in the drive way. Then we asked them if their daughter would come and get them. Then they said they didn't want to leave their cat. They just don't want to go. So we are heading there tomorrow to see if they are okay.

I am on my way to my meemaw's!! Yay!! First though I'm heading to my in-laws to bring them hot food and tea. They are refusing to leave even despite neighbour's offers of heat and food at their houses. Stubborn to the point of stupidity. Both my mother and I said that often about them. $&&@$&@&&! Idiots.

My SIL begged me to go help them. She lives half hour away but they REFUSE to let her help them. They went INSANE. So my husband said we are coming and they can stick their refusals up their backside. He is 44 years old and young and healthy and he will look after them if he damn well wants.

Yeah she lives half an hour from them and we have to come three hours. Because she won't faceup to her dad acting like a tyrant. I mean we are headed that way anyway to go to my mom's and to see them on Boxing Day but still..... She lives a half hour from them! But daddy dearest is afraid his precious poor little baby girl will get harmed if she comes to help them. It is so$&&@&$)(8$' ridiculous!! She is 42 years old!!

It was really hard day. We went to my in-laws and their house is literally utterly freezing. There is really a lot of devastation out their way. We brought them hot soup and sandwiches and hot tea. They were wearing coats and hats and mittens. They have every excuse in the universe about why they don't want to leave their house. My husband and I logically shot down every idea and then they finally said they were not discussing it anymore and not leaving their house period. My husband talked to them so forcibly I have never seen him do that in my entire life ever. But they refused.

Then I went and saw S and had to listen to him tell me about how this homeless person stole his cane and then beat him with it. I don't know if this is a truth or a lie. Because S is the ultimate victim and the ultimate consummate liar. So it could be true or might not be true. Either way both extremely distressing. Then I also had to listen to how he goes to my cousin's house all the time and treats her like a daughter. Now mind you this is not S's niece she is my cousin on my MOTHER's side. She is my mother's brother's eldest daughter. And yet he has a father daughter relationship with her and not me. I give up really.

Then there was the scary aspect of our own power being out.

And then tonight my brother's hag kicked him out of their house.

Merry effing Christmas.

I have such chest pains. I have had a whole pill and I'm still wired around the bend and have chest pains.

Archived