Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very happy that I met my husband when he was still young enough to be malleable. If I had met him probably any later his family would have made him so stubborn he wouldn't of been teachable. I am so glad he escaped from the house of crazy. I think that is what initially attracted me to him I could teach him things. He seemed so sweet and singularly inoffensive. He was almost passive. Back then when I was still young ,foolish and lacking in realism that's what I wanted. I wanted someone I could train or manipulate. Not manipulate in the sense to hurt but someone I could teach or help them grow up so to speak. I guess that is manipulating. But I sure found out that he was not passive. In fact he could be a very stubborn PITA. I made an error in judging who he was. But I did not make an error in my own influence. He has grown in almost every way for knowing me. We were both too young though I think. We both had too much damage on our own respective sides to be good to each other when we were young. We were both too young.

Up until five years ago I was the leader and it exhausted me always being the leader. For the past three years I would say he has been the leader. We had a few years there of transitioning the power. And maybe he's not the full leader because we share a lot of leadership but I would say he has come into his own. He now owns his own leadership. Which is something he had never done in our whole life together. And really a major part in that was leaving behind his crazy as bat crap family.

He has finally become the person he should've been all along.

Isn't it so interesting to watch your SO change over the years? It makes me wonder how much change they notice about us as well.

For sure!! Mine has changed and grown so much he is hard to recognize at times. Mind you that is in a good way.

Recently I have changed a lot too. That he does notice.

link removed if anyone remembers this storm this one is supposed to be something close. In the 98 storm we got 12 cm of ice accumulation this one we are supposed to get 9 cm. Right now in our area there's 15,000 people without power. If we do get 9 cm of accumulated ice we will definitely lose our Hydro towers. And it could be a long time before we get power. If that happens when the highway reopens I will just take my son to my mother's and come back here. Because if that happens most likely my husband's leave will be canceled because they call the Military out to help. I would stay here to help my husband here. Look after our cats and help out relief efforts on the base.

But here's praying that doesn't happen.

Archived