Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

I guess I will still have my odd days of mourning a sad life. I guess that is necessary. I guess I just accept it , pick up and move on. But I am moving on and I know that because I spend less days in mourning of it. And I also have an interest in reaching out. And I have an interest in learning to trust people again.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed my three years at home with my son I must admit. Being a working mother or stay at home mother is always such a contentious issue. I have done both. Each has its own challenges. My mom was always a working mom. But she didn't really work 9-to-5 jobs. From the time I was seven or eight years old she was always working being an executive. And those hours are not 9 to 5.

So it seems my son has a picture of him and this girl hugging as a screensaver on his phone. It is from the school dance. And from the physical characteristics of the girl she looks to be his type. Little and blonde. Now if she's quiet and nerdy you've hit the big time boy! It was such a cute picture. He had his arm around her shoulder and she had her arm around his waist. And he's more than a whole head taller than her.

The boy will do fine in the ladies department!

I am so glad that they don't seem to mind his disabilities.

And the screensaver of him and this girl has even replaced his beloved Pokémon screensaver. Oooooo maybe love is in the air???? Giggle.

I didn't say anything to him about it though because I know he'd be embarrassed. I did show it to his dad though. And his dad was like " allllllright!!!!" And wanted to give him the high five. Lol.

I am a little disappointed in myself. I had another clonazepam last night because my sleeping has been going just so badly. But I can feel my anxiety a bit on the rise. Which is what my husband warned me about if I got too busy. But last night I slept like a brick. Except with clonazepam I wake up feeling really groggy. If I increase my physical activity though that will reduce my anxiety.

That's cool that you son might have a gf. I'm glad for him.

Did your husband ever straighten out the issue of his deployment?

The entire squadron is going to a readiness level. So everybody has to be deployment ready. If they have an imminent deployment ready I have no idea. But there is a meeting Wednesday night.

This Boxing Day I am NOT going to the basement at my in-laws. I am sorry but that place is deadly. My face blew up like a circus clown last time. Screw that. And they are not having a tree this year so no reason to go to the basement anyway. Trouble is I will be stuck watching whatever sport my FIL and drum up. BLECK!

Is there a mother-in-law in this world that isn't a biatch? Seriously? Lord knows I want to smack mine out on a regular basis. Mind you I haven't had a full out argument with her in about 24 years.

And she always says her rude crap when my husband isn't around. She will look around make sure he's not within earshot and then make her rude statements. And she always has this big butter would melt in your mouth smile so nobody ever believes that she could be that rude. Whenever I tell my husband something his mother has said he always says "my mother wouldn't say that!" Oh yeah so that makes me the liar . But she's a sneaky hag. And in front of my husband she will always make sure to tell me that she loves me and leaves I love you messages on the phone in case he answers the answering machine. Yeah ,right, what a crock of crap.

And my father-in-law he's just to your face rude so there's no escaping that. But even then my husband will say "he never said that. I didn't hear him say that" And even my son will be rolling his eyes because he heard it too.

There are a lot of witchy ass mother-in-laws.

The only nice when I can think of is my mom. She never got involved in anybody's business. She always treated my husband with love and respect even when he treated me like dog crap. She always treated my brother's wife with love and respect as well.

I'm sure there a lot of good mother-in-laws out there but I just have never witnessed too many.

Archived