Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This holiday was an absolute bust. I am so disappointed. It started with the crappy haircut that I was still angry about. The hotel was not what I expected. My husband wanted to go to places suggested to by his new boss. It was basically late 20s hipster crowd. My son hated it. The whole thing was just a waste of $1000.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disappointed in this trip. Love the city but hated this trip.

The pics are amazing! It truly is a beautiful city!

Too bad your son got sick. I hope he gets better very soon!

That's so sad the trip was so disappointing. I hope you and your husband can find a few positives from the trip- and also a way to celebrate your long marriage independent of the trip experience.

Stay well!

Oh for sure there are good points. I think there were just some disappointed expectations. And when I'm stressed my PTSD comes out. And it gets expressed in a miserable sour mood. My fault I know. I try really hard to control it but this weekend I wasn't too good at it.

But I guess we will have to talk out what went wrong so that we don't have those issues again.

I will add more pics when I get home.

The inscription on my ancestors statue. It says : Louis Hebert an apothecary from Paris, explored Acadia with Monts and Poutrincourt in 1604. And he returned again in 1606 and 1613. He settled with his family in Quebec in 1617. He died in 1627.

What it does not say is how he died. He died after a fall from his roof while repairing it. He was the colony's only medical professional at the time.

link removed

Archived