Byron Katie

Hello all,

My break up happened at the beginning of August. I wont go into depth here, but I have finally started to heel-proper. I had downloaded an excellent life coach a few years ago and decided to give her another listen. She may not be the best for people freshly broken up, but for those of us at about the 5 or 6 month mark, she has seriously taken me out of my rut. This woman trumps my $150 psychotherapist by a ten fold!!!

She says we should stop seeking approval, start accepting reality, etc. I highly suggest downloading her books, she, in the course of a week, has reduced my stress in half. Has anyone else heard of her?

She is just so wonderful, I had to share her dogma!

Yes, I am a fan of Byron Katie.

Some of her stuff is hard to swallow, and sometimes it's a bit radical (maybe why it's hard to swallow). There are aspects of it that can seem formulaic and are irritating for me, but the basic premises I believe are spot on. She's got a lot of wisdom.

You can also watch clips of her working with people with all kinds of problems (not just breaking up) on youtube. She's pretty skillful. I originally got to know her work through the book, "Loving What Is" and her emphasis on facing reality without a set of pre-conceived ideas is I believe a very strong message for anyone.

• 2 years later...

Bumping this. Just came accross this author and The Work.

Does anyone used this stuff? How did it help you healing? I'm having some difficulties understanding how The Work can be applied to geting over a break up... any help?

Archived