Why would she be doing this to him?

Hi to all people of the enotalone forms. Well you see my friend has a problem with this girl. This girl is in his 1st period class. During the class he tells me that she talks to him about all kinds of stuff. Sometimes he would even get signs from this girl that she likes him. He told me that they are friends and today while he was walking with her to her next class she said a boy's name out just out of no were and said that he is her boyfriend. This is the point in which my friend is confused. He has no idea why she is talking about her boyfriend. I myself don't know either. Well first of all she gives him signs that she likes him and today while he was walking with her to her class she just said some guys name and said that he is her boyfriend. After that she told him his age and everything. My question to you people of the enotalone forms is why this girl would give him signs that she likes him and then talks about her boyfriend. Well if any of you guys know the answer to this let me know as soon as possible. I want to help my friend out so please give my your opinion.

Hmmm ive had that happen to me before and some of my friends when i was in high school. it seems that sometimes that girls who do that see about how much they can get that other person to go about and wrap them around the finger. thats not always the case but it mostly can come to that outcome. he should ask her about why she's talking about her boyfriend to him and how he is confused. heck it confused me when i read it too LOL. he doesnt need to be lead on by someone that may not like him. and it could upset him. plus that other guy could have a problem with that and he doesnt need to get into trouble. so see what it is that he thinks and give him the help that can aid him. later and good luck to your friend.