If you bumped into your ex, what would you do?

So just like the topic title says, what would you guys and gals do if you were to bump into your ex oneday in public.

Would you say hello? Would you pretend they dont exist and walk right by? Would you simply smile and walk by? Would you try to strike up a conversation with them? Let assume you are alone and so are they in this situation.

For me, I have no idea how I would react since I havent seen her in almost 3 months now and I still have these strong feelings for her but I dont know if I could hide them since she knew me so well (we were together for 7 years). So I guess I would just smile and say hello and walk by..

So what would everybody here do? I know everybodies situations is different so this should be an interesting topic.

while my heart would be beating so fast and id have strong emotions of gawd knows what (lol) i would try my bestest to just beam a big smile and say hi while looking deep into his eyes. if he asked me any questions id answer them and after that i dunno, i havent got that far. but seeing as we were long distance, i know this wont really occur....so if he contacted me, i would be polite and nice and cheery back and i wouldnt mention the new man ive just started seeing unless he's found out about him and asked me

If I bumped into my ex, I'd help pick her up. *Drumroll highhat* Thanks I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Na I'd definitely strike up a conversation. See how she was doing, how life's been. I'd do the same thing if she was with her husband or if I was with my girl. It's been a long time since I've seen her so it'd be just like catching up with an old friend... and that'd be that.

Now on that note I just bumped into a girl I was dating for a little that at the end I was slightly, maybe, dodging a little. That was awkward. Still said hi, shot the s for a few minutes and that was that. I think at the very least it's good to be pleasant to people you've had some history with.

I think I'd throw up. And if I managed to not do that, I'd walk on by as if he doesn't exist.

That. Almost. I would be polite though, say "Hi". I wouldn't want the creep to think he had an ounce of power over me or that I cared either way.

Ok to avoid any confusion, by "bump" I meant just seeing them, like walking by them but not being able to avoid them (like say, walking by in a hallway) not literally bumping into them lol sorry about the mixup everybody, but keep the answers coming, they're great!!

Unfortunately, I run into my ex about once or twice a week. I've done a variety of things, pretend I don't see him, say hello, wave, have a conversation. He always initiates it and I always make the convo like 10 seconds and say I have somewhere to go. It sucks...

If I saw my first ex, the one who was my first love, I'd probably freak out. he's on the other side of the Atlantic.

Seriously, I'd probably hyperventilate and start to cry/get angry. I have very mixed emotions about him because even though the "Break up" occurred 5 years ago, I never really got closure or got ANYTHING resolved. So many unanswered questions.

My ex bumped into me, at my crafts booth. He showed up with the woman he dumpred me for 1 1/2 years before. She preceeded to run away. He didn't go after her. what did I do?? I started asking him all the questions I had for 1 1/2 years, crying and telling him how much he did me wrong and what a scumbag he was, although I still missed him terible, and still loved him. And he said what he said. This went on for an hour, then his woman came back, and they left.

It was awful, but actually did free me up, because that was the only contact I had with him since the break up. We were together 2 years.

If I bumped into him again, I wouldn't give him the time of day, because now I really do think he is a scumbag. I would tell him to go away, leave me alone, and go back to his girlfriend. I have no more questions. They are answered, and my mind is clear that he just mistreated me, and isn't that nice, although I thought he was.

I would (and have) ignored. It doesn't mean that i hate him anymore, but he chose to not be a part of my life.

If he chose to then try and talk to me, I would respect it and carry on a conversation, but I sure as heck ain't initiating one.

I am forced to see my ex and now his new gf (a "friend" of mine) on a daily basis. We are all on the same college team and we even have a class together once a week. It's so hard. I still have so many feelings for him and I want to know all about his life like I did before. I tried talking to him a few times but have realized he no longer cares about me even slightly so I'm now trying the ignore him and go on approach. We'll see how it goes.

I'd say hello, catch up, be friendly, but not pay her too much attention. She left me without a second thought or giving me a true second chance. I haven't seen her in over a year now, so I would be somewhat excited and happy, I have no hard feelings, but she doesn't deserve too much of my attention without action firstly on her end.

Yeah, see, if I were friendly to mine - even fake friendly - he'd take that as a sign that he's ok. He's SOOOOOO not ok. But mostly, I just don't have anything to say to him.

Please note that I moved far away so that I wouldn't ever have to run into him.

Yes, sometimes people just work so hard to earn disrespect that you finally cave in and feel that they are indeed not worthy of your notice.

Archived