friendship or love!

I met a girl about 18 months ago and we became great friends and as time has gone by i have fallan in love with her. I dont think she knows it but its become very hard for me to think about anything else.

I see her quite alot but im very unsure if she feels the same and i dont want t o ruin our friendship by telling her.

I think there will come a time when i have to tell her and im dreading it.

I would like to know other people experiences and what was the outcome, and what people think i should do.

very confused! 8)

dude dont sweat it, i've know a girl from school for 6 yrs. and i started falling for her last yr., and especially this yr. cause our friendship has grown very close....i told her about how i fealt about her and she didnt deny me, however she said that she liked how our relationship was going just how it was....she said she didnt want to hurt me cause of how well our friendship has gone over the yrs.....i totally respected her decision cause after i thought about it for about a month, i actually fealt kinda the same way, but if the girl u like truly respects u as a person then what have u got to lose.....Go for it man, just tell her exactly what's on your mind and ur feelings towards her, trust me it'll work.....even though in my situation things didnt turn into a serious relationship, but it did actually help us become a LOT CLOSER in our friendship!

• 2 weeks later...

I was exactly in the same situation as you till 3 days back...and i sorted it out on saturday!!!..yeah just day b4...

she said that she has never thought of me like that...and that hurts but i am still glad that i managed to sort it out. this was the first time i was in love with someone and i am really sad...but i am sure i will never lose her as my best friend.

i think u shud just go ahead and tell her evthg...if u r really good friends...nothing can come between your friendship!

and whatever the result is...take it with grace...if she says YES...enjoy...if no...treasure her friendship and start looking...just realized yesterday that there are a loooot of pretty gals in the world!

cheers brother.

best of luck.

• 1 month later...

hiya mate...

just to say i've been in exactly the same situation, and although things were strained between usfor a while, i feel about 100 times better for getting it off of my chest!

the point is, and it's logical once pointed out, that if your in a close friendship, then that other person should have respect for you. if you tell her, and tell her the truth, then i can't see how any woman would fail to melt at the compliments, i mean, you are paying them the biggest kind of compliment aren't u?

just go for it mate, u have nothing to loose.

• 2 months later...

I am in a situation like yours right now too....but i have only been hanging out with her for like 4 months now...and shes my best friends sister...but me and her have become really good friends in that short period of time and hang out all the time. im not sure if i should tell her how i feel or just keep trying to build on the friendship we have...im very confused. i keep getting mixed signals from her like one day she will act like she likes me and the next day she will show no emotion toward me at all. Why do women do this? Im deeply in love with her and she is all i can think about when im with her and when im away from her. I dont know what i should do either....its a very stressful situation to be in.

• 1 month later...