Anyone Have Tips on Meeting People?

enzarto

I am a comic book artist, a freelance artist, I also have two jobs, and I volunteer, when not doing that (which is virtually never, I'm helping my mom out in the house). I have no time for a social event. They say, you can always make time, but I have deadlines that I have to meet, and I will never do the online dating thing, does anyone sit in or near my shoes? Anyone have any suggestions? If I never have time, then I'll never be relationship material right? Because you'll have to have time to do that?

Is this balderdash?

I understand where you are coming from. I work two jobs right now which add up to 60hours a week, and I work with ALL women. Most of my friends have left the area for various reason so my social outings are limited.

I don't really have any solid advice for how to meet people except that through your jobs and volunteering you might be able to meet someone.

Good luck!

First of all I think it's great you are a comic book atrist

Do you have many friends? You have a very busy life, perhaps too busy and if the fact that you never meet anyone is down to this, I think you need to look at what you can drop out of your life. Could you manage financially with one job? If so, drop one of the jobs. It's nice to volunteer, I am looking into starting myself, but if you don't have enough time for it and it is affecting your social life with everything else you have on your plate, you may want to look at giving that up for a while.

When you eventually do meet someone and start a relationship, you are going to have to dedicate some time to that so it's inevitable that something in your life is going to have to change.

I agree. As for the financial aspect, I want to be making more money than this lol so I can't drop any jobs. The volunteering I have to do for resume purposes and because I like it. I also don't feel like I want to open up some time in my life just to better my social life, perhaps I don't think it's that important. I see it as an additive. Not so much a necessity.

My main point is that it would be nice to have it, but unless I make a big sacrifice I can't, I'll have to meet people at work or volunteer

A friend of mine has 2 full-time jobs (in demand musician by night and full-time barista during the day) and a serious girlfriend. A close friend of another friend of mine has 3 jobs and does music gigs from time to time , and she has a serious boyfriend. However , both people live with their respective significant others. How they met them , I don't know , but I'm sure they weren't nearly as busy in the beginning stages of the relationship.

So , while I am not in your position myself , I have friends who are. They make it work , somehow. Time management , I suppose.. and being with someone who understands.

One suggestion , perhaps , is meeting guys through friends. That's how I met my ex. I was a very full time student in school and met her through a friend.

I do the online thing. I know you said you never would do it but I found that for busy people, it is the easiest way to see a "pool of people" that are available.

You can go to some of them and just browse, and if you see anyone you like, maybe you would consider joining. I am extremely busy and it has been great for me. I have had 3 dates in 3 weeks all w different guys, I never would have met otherwise. One of them I really want to see again!

I do the online thing. I know you said you never would do it but I found that for busy people, it is the easiest way to see a "pool of people" that are available.

You can go to some of them and just browse, and if you see anyone you like, maybe you would consider joining. I am extremely busy and it has been great for me. I have had 3 dates in 3 weeks all w different guys, I never would have met otherwise. One of them I really want to see again!

I've done it, I know there is success in it, but it is not for me. I meet all my women face to face in the beginning, I am very confrontational like that. I don't read profiles, I wish for them to tell me. I congratulate and am quite happy for your success, that's actually great that you have that.

But to me it seems like online shopping all most, read a profile, if you like you add to cart, if not you keep shopping. Sorry for this analogy but its my true feeling. I suppose someone who is actually serious however would take on online dating and may also be busy and therefore understand my situation, however that's not enough for me to take on that option, and I do thank you for the suggestion.

Archived