• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be leaving work Tuesday morning - so 6 AM when I get off - and driving down to spend a day with my mom. It's the only way I can get her to shush about this 7.5 hour drive to see M this weekend. I've got plans to meet one ex co worker for breakfast (she works third) on my way up and I've tentatively got a lunch scheduled with a few others while I'm in town.

I also discovered tonight while getting dressed for work I can not only now button both buttons on my jeans - the ones that didn't even come close to buttoning in NY - but I can easily get a few fingers in between my jeans and hips.

You go girl!!!

Don't let your mom scare you into not going! Driving is perfectly fine. I know so many women are terrified of driving and terrified of driving on highways and terrified pretty much of driving anywhere. I can't claim to understand it. You will be perfectly fine and her city is a beautiful place. I really liked it when I was there.

Oh that def. won't happen, hahaha. I love driving long distances - windows down, music blaring... I've got 7.5 hours of driving and every album James Blunt has released - I'll be good. My mom just freaks out about anything like that, especially when it comes to us kids. When I drive back home from her house I have to send her a text when I get here or I'm pretty sure she'd have a search party out if she hadn't heard from in 30 mins of when I should have gotten home. I remember coming home from the pseudo family's once and was just so tired that I knocked out when I got back the apartment. I'm a heavy sleeper so I didn't hear the 30+ calls from my mom. She actually called the neighbor/coworker and had her walk over there and knock on the bedroom window until I got up.

She only gets worse the older she gets too!

My phone died this morning and I was too lazy to plug it in all day - that and I was sleeping - but when I plugged it in at work tonight I had a voicemail from the local hospital. I had put an application in for a radiology receptionist shortly after I got here and they were calling to set up an interview. Pretty stoked about that!

Just have to get trough this shift and then I'm off for 7 days! Looking forward to having breakfast with an ex co worker tomorrow morning and then surprising Tyler when I pick him up from school!

You’re a shoo-in for that job! Wishing you much luck

7 days off...nice!

I can relate to the driving thing. I don’t like driving. It’s necessary for work, and once my car is parked on Friday night, I am happy. Tonight I was white-knuckled because it was pitch black, pouring down rain, and just very, very poor visibility. I was so glad to get home.

Thanks ladies. I scheduled the interview for Thursday at 1:30.

Breakfast with my ex co worker was awesome. We caught up on each others work and life. She had me laughing so hard at one point I inhaled some gravy biscuit - thankfully she's a nurse so I didn't die or anything, hahaha. She said that any time I come up to visit mom to let her know and we'd plan breakfast or lunch.

I also managed to get in contact with my old therapist today, the one who I went to over the molestation. I had to scour my old email for her email address but I finally found it. She actually moved to about 30 mins away from where I live now so she'll be driving down once a week for us to do therapy sessions. I briefly told her what had happened when I initially emailed her and she emailed me back saying, "So he gained your trust, something you give very few people, and then brought to life your greatest fear - the other shoe dropping. Fantastic." I'm looking forward to the sessions. Well, maybe not LOOKING forward to it. She's been a huge part of my life since I went to her to work through the molestation and I like that she's the one I'll be talking to now. She knows me, she's probably the second most person in the world who knows me behind L. I find it more than a little ironic there are things I told him, deep seeded issues within myself, that I never even told her.

After breakfast I went with mom to pick Tyler up from school. He saw me and got the biggest grin on his face and shouted my name as he ran to me. I think school is really helping him. I noticed today he's constructing actual sentences now that you can understand. Even 6 months ago he would babble and you might only understand one or two words of what he was saying. But today I could understand every single one that he said. It made me very proud as an aunt.

Thank you Silverbirch! I wish I could do contacts. I hate anything getting near my eyes - it took me years to be able to apply eyeliner, hahaha

And thank you everyone for the wishes on the interview!

It feels good to be home! My aunt and I lounged around all day catching up on the new season of SOA. I've gotta finish up M's birthday gift before leaving out Friday morning. The part I curse at is finished at least, haha

My weekend with M was a blast!

The drive down - and back - was looonnnggg. Those stretches of 100 miles on one road were brutal. I will def. be flying down come our girls trip in Feb! Friday they took me out to this Southern food place - smack your momma good chicken. I haven't had Southern food like that since... Well, a long while!

Saturday we went to the beach and one of the local forts. We had a seafood lunch with her hubby, mom, and grandma and afterward went to the local art festival. That night we did Painting with a Twist and it was so much fun! I wish we had one closer to were I live.

I left out this morning and got home about 6:30 - thanks Atlanta traffic. While stuck in it I rolled my window down and there was this massive noise above me - it took me a good 10 seconds to realise it was a plane taking off over my car - scared the crap out of me. I did stop and pick up some Japanese on my way through my hometown - mmmm, yum yum sauce!

I currently have all 3 of my children snuggled to me refusing to let me out of there sight, haha. I have my first therapy session tomorrow morning - fun!

Archived