can it really be fixed?

Hi, i've jus broken up wit my GF cos of reasons were both not really sure of. our luv wasn't based on sex or stuff like that it was teh good old romeo type luv with words etc and thats why it hurts more. so how do you mend a broken heart? Can it even be mended? Dam wat a shame I lost her even though the feeling is there in both of us.

soooooo saaaaddddd

Sounds like a case of incompatibility. When couples break up for apparently no reason and the love is still there, it is usually because something is not working in the relationship otherwise why would either of you want to go your separate ways? You can realize that you love (or maybe even be in love with) a person and still be realistic enough to know that you guys aren't meant to be because of compatibility issues or because of circumstances (ie. mistakes, choices). The only way to feel okay with it is by reassuring yourself that you will find someone again who you do really get along with and love wholeheartedly. There is no use staying in a relationship that you know is going to end up going nowhere because the two of you just don't suit one another for whatever reason. If there are no hostilities between the two of you this may be an opportunity to see that she can be a really close companion, someone who can be your friend through all the good things and bad, but not someone who you can share your intimate moments with.

Just my thoughts.

I question why you broke up. If you still have feelings for eachother and they are strong, why did things end? If there was a problem in the relationship, things can certainly be worked out, cant they?

There is no way to mend a broken heart, no magic pill to take or remedy to follow. I wish there were, it would make things so much easier for everyone. Unfortunatley, it will take time, patience, and understanding to overcome this. It will not happen overnight. If you do not have any closure (why you broke up) then the obstacle could become much more difficult and your heart may never feel as right as it once did. Try to find out why things happened the way they did and see if it is possible to fix that. If not, it is important to understand the reason, accept it, and move forward...

i tink we broke up cos wer so different from each other like we have different backgrounds (she likes drinkin i dont) she's much taller than me (but i dont tink that bothers us much except others like parents) she is a year an half older than me. i notice we get jealous of each other quckly like wen i am just talkin wit another girl or she is talkin with another guy we use to love each others company now we hardly talk its only online that we talk even then its just a small little conversation, i no we both lone for each other i can sense it. i really miss her so much she is my first true love. i want her to be mine though i really dun no wat to do..... how i miss her so muchh...i miss tellin her i lov her. not only hav i got a broken heart but i think i can neva love any one like that again is it possible ? i mean i will be scared mentally for teh loss of her lov.

• 2 weeks later...