Is short hair a turnoff for guys?

I don't wear makeup.

I am going to try to dress more feminine as it gets warmer. I already picked up a nice sundress to wear. I just hope I have the guts to wear it. I worry about showing too much of myself since I am still a bit chunky.

Oh girl stop it......

This is from one chunky girl to another.

Sexiness comes in all shapes and sizes, long hair or short.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it wouldn't necessarily be a turn off for me. As people have said, it depends on whether the style suits the persons features.

Though I've always gathered this to be similar to long hair on guys, in that it's not a widely attractive aspect to women. I don't blame them for that, as it's not as if a hair style is permanent and guys/girls can quite easily change it.

My theory is it's all more to do with the current trend, where preferences by men/women for long/short hair are concerned. Best example would be during the 'hippie' era of the mid-late 60's, I would say the vast majority of young men wore their hair long. This was by no means considered unnattractive during that time, at least in comparison to today. The most common style is generally the most attractive one.

My hair used to be past my shoulders, glad I got it cut. Found it suits me better. And that's the thing to keep in mind I suppose when deciding upon a hair length/style.

It may just be me, but nothing is more of a turn off than women who sort of give up and cut their hair. I see a lot of older women do it, I guess because they figure they can't be bothered to deal with long hair (if they can grow it I guess) and they decide "what the hell, I'm not getting any younger".

Some women can pull off a short haircut, but long hair will always be more feminine and enticing than short hair.

Not on the topic of hair, but ren you've been doing so well with the weightloss (you can definitely see a difference!). I think you should go out and buy a new sundress. One that hits just above the knee and get some cute sandals to go with!

Not on the topic of hair, but ren you've been doing so well with the weightloss (you can definitely see a difference!). I think you should go out and buy a new sundress. One that hits just above the knee and get some cute sandals to go with!

thnx for the compliment. I already picked up a sundress from the GAP outlet and plan on wearing it when it gets warmer out here. I just hope I have the guts to go through with it.

I tend to be very self-conscious about my body.

I really haven't lost a lot of weight, but I definitely have toned up.

for guys, if a woman is REALLY short, would you find short hair on her more flattering than long hair?

I have to take into consideration that I am not the height of most women.

Again, I think it depends on how it all works together.

The only other thing that comes to mind with women who are really short: I've met a few women who are really short (like 5') AND had really long hair, like down to their butt. One was really attractive and the others weren't memorable. But I couldn't get the thought out of my mind that they all looked like Cousin It from The Addams Family.

Again, I think it depends on how it all works together.

The only other thing that comes to mind with women who are really short: I've met a few women who are really short (like 5') AND had really long hair, like down to their butt. One was really attractive and the others weren't memorable. But I couldn't get the thought out of my mind that they all looked like Cousin It from The Addams Family.

Haha! I'd probably look like Cousin It if I had really long hair. BTW, I am shorter than 5'

Whatever works for a girl is fine, but for me, personally, I do find short hair to be a bit of a turn-off, at least when looking at girls as potential dates. It just looks a bit too... I dunno, "masculine" for my tastes.

I'm a guy and I have to say that I agree with some of the previous posts that say that long hair or short hair can be a turn on, but it depends on what suits each individual female and their face shpe, etc.

However, I personally like a female that is different to others around her and having your own hairstyle is one way of standing out from the crowd. The short bob is very attractive in my opinion, but again it depends on the person's features as to whether it would suit them or not.

When women age...you'll notice more and more start having shorter hair and the men seem to really like it!

When you get much older, shorter hair is easier to take care of (hair gets very thin and coarse for some women as they age) and it makes them look more youthful!

I'll be having long hair until I can't take care of it anymore.

When women age...you'll notice more and more start having shorter hair and the men seem to really like it!

When you get much older, shorter hair is easier to take care of (hair gets very thin and coarse for some women as they age) and it makes them look more youthful!

I have to disagree with this. Long hair is much more associated with a youthful appearance than short.

How many young women do you see cutting their hair short?

Not to say short hair is necessarily unattractive (althought it can be on some women), but long hair is without a doubt what makes women look young, healthy and feminine.

I wonder about that. This weekend, I cut my hair really short. Actually it is a pixie type cut that looks ok on me. I worried about chopping off my hair but when my hair gets long, it gets scraggy.

I went swimming this afternoon and ran into cute swim coach and he made a comment about me cutting my hair.

Not sure if short hair is a turn off for guys. BTW, for those of you who friended me on FB, I posted a pic of how I look with my new haircut.

Some men love it - depends on the guy. My sister has a pixie cut and her bf can't keep his hands off her.

I'll be having long hair until I can't take care of it anymore.

It's true. My mom has hair past her butt and to be honest, it just looks kind of old hippie, not flattering. She has a rather young face and good skin and I think if she cut the hair, she would knock off 20 years.

I have to disagree with this. Long hair is much more associated with a youthful appearance than short.

How many young women do you see cutting their hair short?

Not to say short hair is necessarily unattractive (althought it can be on some women), but long hair is without a doubt what makes women look young, healthy and feminine.

You're right and I agree...long hair does make you look more youthful...when you're young. That's why I don't see a lot of young people cut their hair.

However, for some reason, when people get older (and I'm talking senior citizen or so...even 50s) women do look more youthful when they cut their hair shorter. That's a known fact. Really long hair on MUCH older people often makes them look very old and haggard. The fact that hair often changes when you get older does not bode well for those with long hair.

Just wanted to clarify. I meant long hair is youthful only for the young, usually turns opposite when you're 50+.

It's true. My mom has hair past her butt and to be honest, it just looks kind of old hippie, not flattering. She has a rather young face and good skin and I think if she cut the hair, she would knock off 20 years.

yeah I work with a LOT of older people and I have always found this to be true.

My mother had long hair for a while and got it cut short when she hit menopause. Wowee! I think she is a lot younger looking now!

yeah I work with a LOT of older people and I have always found this to be true.

My mother had long hair for a while and got it cut short when she hit menopause. Wowee! I think she is a lot younger looking now!

Yeah, I tried on some wigs when I lost my hair from medical treatment, and honestly, the long ones aged me. I looked younger in the shorter ones and mid-length ones.

Archived