Best ways to find other gay men in my area besides the club?

My lack of having gay friends is really making me feel a little isolated and lonely, since most of the friends I do have are straight and I can't really relate to them on some levels. I've tried finding other gay men through websites but I'm finding a lot of the websites for gay men tend to focus more on sexual hookups which I'm not interested in. I'm not into the club scene either.. I tried it a couple of times only for me to have a miserable night since no one seemed interested in talking with me. So I really don't know where else I can find friends and a potential boyfriend here in Atlanta Georgia, anyone know of anything?

My lack of having gay friends is really making me feel a little isolated and lonely, since most of the friends I do have are straight and I can't really relate to them on some levels. I've tried finding other gay men through websites but I'm finding a lot of the websites for gay men tend to focus more on sexual hookups which I'm not interested in. I'm not into the club scene either.. I tried it a couple of times only for me to have a miserable night since no one seemed interested in talking with me. So I really don't know where else I can find friends and a potential boyfriend here in Atlanta Georgia, anyone know of anything?

Joe, I don't know how many times you're going to post the same question thread after thread. There are gay groups for every interest under the sun. Video gaming, sports, running, cooking, you name it. Use Facebook. Use Google. They are out there, I assure you.

I wish I knew what else to say, but you just have to get out there and do it.

You live in a gay mecca almost. I lived in Atlanta for 3 years. One neighborhood in that city is made just for gay men. Go hang out at the coffee shop in Ansley Mall. Hundreds of gay guys each day go hang out in the courtyard there, reading, sitting with their dogs, going to the gym. Join a gym--the one gym off of Cheshire Bridge (I can't remember the name off the top of my head) is owned and run by gay men. It's a gay gym! Go to Piedmont Park on weekends. Go for a stroll or jog. Talk to people. Get a dog and go to piedmont park's dog park. It's a gay dog owner's hangout!

Hex is right--yu post the same thread over and over. Sooner or later you're going to have to bite the bullet and go for it!!

Archived