1 year on.....

Well……as the title states I have officially hit my 12 month/1 year mark since my ex partner and I split. Feels strange being here at this moment in time, and whilst 1 year is technically a long time (And also equates to half the time we were together) it feels strange given the fact that the events of Sunday June 7th 2009 are still so clear in my mind. However, the big difference between then and now is that I do feel a lot more at peace with the past. Still, there are some lingering emotional attachments to the past, and honestly im not sure if we will ever rid our system completely of all aspects of a former love, even one who is like a cancer of the soul.

However, within the last 12 months I have learnt a lot about life (and that is something which I am still continuing to do) and I feel I have developed, matured and grown into a more well rounded person with a fresh perspective on life and the world around me. Sure, my heart still hurts a tad but I finally realise now that life is better without my ex then it ever was when she was involved in it. I do, though, still use her as motivation. Thanks to her my working life and career is better than ever and I still fantasize a little bit about the day when I get to flaunt my vastly improved way of life in her face, but overall my main goal now is the new life I have with my new partner and the wonderful things that im yet to encounter with her.

Also, I need to say a massive thank you to ENA for being there for me 24/7 over the last 12 months. There were plenty of times when I felt down and had numerous thoughts racing through my mind, and ENA gave me a way of getting these thoughts down into a readable form for countless people who I didn’t know to give honest and sometimes brutal advice. Without that I honestly think that I wouldn’t be a much stronger person now with a wonderful life ahead of me. Thank you again ENA x x x

Archived