Is Jam very fatty food?

Jams. jellies, preserves, and fruit spreads are not usually not high in fat, but they can be high in sugar.

The best ones are the natural ones and/or ones with no sugar added.

I use link removed

I also use natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread.

Jam actually has 0 fat in it. It is a fat free food. HOWEVER, if you don't utilize the sugars in it, your body will store sugar as fat. My mom always used to tell me that, i didn't believe her. Then i went to college and took biochemistry, and yup, she was right, the body will convert sugar to fat.

I like jam though. especially the 100% fruit spreads. they have less sugar too and are sweet enough. if you have jam, stick to 1 teaspoon, don't blob it on everywhere. i like peanut butter as well. that is fatty, but has a lot of good fats.

Whole wheat vs. white bread, or jam vs. other spreads. They are just questions of which is the lesser of two evils. Breads and spreads aren't very good for you. Just lots of empty calories. If you're aiming for optimal health you'll avoid as many refined foods as possible.

You might be able to make your own jam too from frozen berries (purchased frozen from the supermarket). You could add something like stevia (natural sweetner from health food shop - has almost no calories) which makes it sweet. I've never tried this but some people do it. You might have to consider how you will ensure it doesn't go off though - as without preservative it could mould quickly. Adding some colloidal silver liquid might help preserve it. Or freese it in ice cube trays and just get a little a cube out of the freezer at a time and let it melt over night. initially you could warm it in a pot with the stevia and even adding a little unsweetened blackcurrent juice or something.

As long as it's a jam that's just fruit (with no added sugar) then it's not too bad. You could also try spreading avocado, or some sliced tomato, or dipping it in a small amount of extra-virgin olive oil. The real goal should be to eat food that is the closest to its natural state, as often as possible.

• 7 years later...

Archived