Is it too soon to broach the GF/BF question?

mrvaughn

Been seeing this girl. Will be 9 weeks tomorrow.

After 5 weeks she asked how I felt about her/how I saw things going. At the time I still wasn't sure, and as she had been hurt before, I had promised to always be honest with her about my feelings (& things in general)...

...So I was honest & told her that I really liked her, but wasn't sure of my feelings yet as it was too early for me to be able to say.

So another 4 weeks have passed & i'm more sure of things and I want to have the gf/bf talk.

Is it too soon for this? I'm thinking not, considering her inquiring about my feelings after 5 weeks. What u guys say?

Because she already brought it up and because you had the "preliminary" talk, I'd say it's absolutely okay to have the "real" talk now! In fact, if you're the one to bring it up, that will really show her that you are sure about things (as opposed to just saying it because that's what you think you should say after she brings it up again).

Oh, and good for you for being honest with her the first time! Wishing you the very best!

Well, it kind of sounds like she was asking you to have the talk 4 weeks ago.

Without knowing the dynamic you've had throughout the relationship, it's hard to say for sure, ie., have you both said somewhere along the way that you are looking for a LTR/marriage? Or have you both been playing it really cool and keeping things casual?

If you've both consistently mentioned that you're only interested in casual dating right now, she may have asked you wondering that you might be getting in too deep.

If you've both mentioned more often than not that you're looking for something lasting, I think she has been waiting patiently for you to bring it back up.

I'm assuming this is the same girl you wrote about in your last thread- 2 or 3 days ago? The one you thought was going to sneak out of your hotel room and go have sex with the receptionist? This seems like a rather rapid change in your feelings!

I'm assuming this is the same girl you wrote about in your last thread- 2 or 3 days ago? The one you thought was going to sneak out of your hotel room and go have sex with the receptionist? This seems like a rather rapid change in your feelings!

oh my.........

Yeah it is. That was all about my own insecurities tbh.

I had a bad experience last year with that girl that said she was raped, said she had a kid, said her bf at the time hit her (and that she wanted to leave him for me), and her relative was terminally ill, her kid got hurt in a hit and run....

....All of which was bull...no rape, no kid, etc etc.

Guess i've just been paranoid & looking for the red flags too much. I want to just go with it now

Archived