Boyfriend doesn't want to spend 4th of July with me??

I'm really worried right now. I don't know if this is a red flag warning or i'm just over reacting. I really don't think I am though.

Like 2 months ago my boyfriend told me he wanted to spend the 4th of July with me. He told me that I should drive down for the week because he was having this get together with his friends on a lake and was going to do fireworks. I said yea that sounds like fun.

Well here we are, not long from July 4th. I was suppose to visit him next week for a week but something came up and we had to reschedule the visit. So I was asking him what week do you want me to come. (I wanted to see if he would mention July 4th). He said in 2 weeks, I was like that's the week of July 4th. And he's like oh forget it come the week before because I'm going to have plans on July 4th. I was soo shocked! I was like "you don't want to be with me on July 4th??" And he said "of course I do but I already made plans and I will be out of town."

I could not believe my ears! I could understand if he forgot, but how could he have forgotten to tell me that he was going out of town that day after we discussed it??? I feel like he hides things from me sometimes and I don't understand why. So he's like you should come on the June 25th and leave on July 3rd. A DAY BEFORE HE IS SUPPOSEDLY GOING TO GO OUT OF TOWN. Like whats the point of that??! Might as well spend it with me since those were our original plans. He never ever mentioned going away for that day.

I honestly didn't know what else to say so I just said "okay". Don't you think there is something not right about this?? I mean if he forgot that's okay but how could he forget to tell me about him going out of town. And he didn't give me any detail as to where he was going or doing. I'm getting suspicious. What do you think?

I agree with everyone else. you should feel comfortable enough to confront him on this. Its not too late to bring it up. If you dont, you'll only bang your head against the wall trying to figure out the reason behind the change. I think its a little disrespectful for him to do that to you so if i were you i would have to bring it up. At this point, what do you have to lose? You deserve the truth. He may not be up to anything sneaky but you deserve an explanation.

It could be he genuinely forgot. You should ask him straight out - that's what communication is for. And 4th of July isn't really a holiday with romantic expectations - I for one think its more of a friends and family sort of day. He might be meeting old friends and that's why he wants it reserved. He still carved out time for you before anyways, so I think you're overreacting a bit. All you're doing is speculating at this point and you shouldn't forget that your bf is human. Just let him know that he should have given you an earlier heads up that he's doing something that day and to do that in the future. Some people just don't know how to give a heads up so be the grown up and tell him you'd like that from him.

Yeah, make sure you talk to him about it. Otherwise, you won't have a good time while you visit him next anyway.

And just say that you would not have a problem if he wanted to spend it with his friends, but it confused you because it seemed like wanted to spend the day with you. What changed her mind? Does he think it is too soon to bring you around his friends?

Archived